Diet and Get Fatter? Part 2

Diet and Get Fatter? Part 2

...the rest of the story!

You must be asking yourself, if you don’t diet, how do you lose the weight? The key to doing this is by taking the focus off of the weight and putting it on your lifestyle. Your NutriBullet is a very important piece of the puzzle.

This may not make sense yet, but it's true: your weight or obesity is not actually about your weight or obesity! It is only a symptom of unhealthy living. Just like most cases of diabetes, high cholesterol, arthritis, and other health issues, they are typically symptoms of unhealthy living.

So, how do you fix this? Make a solid commitment today to change your health. Once you have a firm, unrelenting commitment, then you can begin to make healthy choices and move a little more. The only plan you need to make is a commitment to making healthier choices in your life. I emphasize firm commitment because many people make a commitment, but once they get past the honeymoon phase (about 2 weeks), their commitment begins to waver and fade away like a setting sun, only to be seen again next year. This means you're going to dedicate time to learning what healthy living is and what disease-promoting is. Knowledge is power. Tomorrow, put the tips below in place and start living your life to it’s fullest again.

  • Stop dieting!
  • Use your NutriBullet at least twice per day as a meal or snack replacement. Begin to add healthy foods to each meal. Every day add a veggie or fruit until you are eating at least 7 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruits per day. This will leave less room for the unhealthy foods on your plate.
  • Understand your calorie needs. Most people become overweight because they over-consume calories.
  • It takes some planning to make sure you have healthy foods at home and at work. Remove all the tempting bad foods!
  • Eat 6 times per day in smaller quantities. This helps stabilize blood sugar, which will cut cravings.
  • Healthy living means at least 80% of the time, you are going to eat healthy foods, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans and whole grains.
  • Never consume less than 1200 calories per day.
  • You don’t have to deprive yourself of anything; it’s about moderation. 80% of the time eat healthy, the other 20% of the time you can indulge in some of your other not-so-healthy favorites, like treats or rewards.
  • Vegetables and fruits offer most of their health benefits when eaten raw.
  • If you are a meat eater, then you should also include wild caught cold-water fish, free-range eggs and poultry.
  • The more plant foods in your diet, the healthier you will be and the better your opportunity for weight loss and health success.
  • The more colorful the foods, the more antioxidant and nutrient benefits they can give.
  • Drink plenty of pure water. The general rule is to drink half your body’s weight in fluid ounces of water. If you weigh 200 pounds, then you need 100 ounces of total fluid intake.
  • Exercise at least 6 days a week. Start slowly and work up to it. See your doctor to get their approval before exercising.
  • Manage or remove stress from your life. It not only puts on weight, but also kills over time.

Summary

Stop dieting, eat healthier 80% of the time, eat 5 to 6 times per day, move more, eat enough, but not too few calories, drink plenty of water!

Living foods create life and dead foods speed up disease, illness and death. I pick life-giving foods every day; will you?

Healthy wishes

Certified Nutritional Consultant


Comments
No Avatar

Thank you for your comment! It is pending approval and should be posted shortly.