Do you tend to repeat the same New Year's Resolutions every year? Well, this year, I want to help you keep your resolutions!
Seven years ago, I began a health revolution, lost over 200 pounds, and reversed all of my adverse health conditions. If anyone knows about what works, and what doesn't, it's me!
It’s time for all of us to make New Year’s Resolutions. Almost everyone has some form of health improvement on their resolutions list. Losing weight usually tops the list because almost 70% of Americans are overweight. One result I can promise you: if you're not motivated enough and serious enough about your goal, the chances of achieving it are slim.
It’s seems around the beginning of March something happens. The Wellness Warrior becomes the Wellness Whiner. I notice that the gym has fewer people, my classes get thinner, and clients and friends begin to avoid me because they don’t want me to know they're off the new plan. I am glad they at least feeel a sense of accountability.
This year, make "I am sticking to the goals I have set” part of your New Year's Resolutions. Really, doesn’t this make sense? Why put all of this effort into your goals for two or three months and then give up?
I want you to have what I have; I want you to lose all the extra weight you've gained and keep it off forever. I have 8 tip’s for you and 2 essential secrets for always keeping your weight loss goals on your mind! Most goals are never reached because the goal is not important enough, the goal is unrealistic, and there was not enough planning.
- Set your start date! Get rid of bad foods in your house. Buy healthy foods for meals and snacks.
- Tell your friends and family what you're doing. This sets up a level of accountability for you. Ask your friends to urge you or even join you in this new lifestyle.
- Be realistic about your diet and weight loss goals. Set goals for weight loss in 10 pound increments. The first goals is 10 pounds, the second is 10 pounds. This makes the goal very achievable and builds confidence.
- Understand that to lose weight, you must exercise. If you have not exercised in a long time, start slowly and consult with your doctor. If you can only walk for 10 minutes, then walk for 10 minutes and work your way up to at least 1 hour. You can even break up the walking and exercising into 20 or 30-minute sections and do them multiple times per day. This actually keeps your metabolism burning fat at a higher rate for more hours in the day, translating to faster weight loss.
- Never deprive yourself of any food. If you must have that brownie, eat just 1 and be happy. The next time you eat, it should be healthy. If you eat healthy 80% of the time, it will allow you to indulge or splurge 20% of the time. This will keep you happy and help you lose weight by not binging.
- Never beat yourself up for having an unscheduled indulgence. Look at it as a treat because you have done so well. The next time you eat, make healthy choices.
- Eat a lot of plant foods, like vegetables, fruits, beans and nuts and seeds. Most are very low in calories and very high in nutrient content. They also have a lot of fiber, which is satiating and filling. However, limit your fruits to 2 servings per day. They have a lot of sugar in the form of fructose that can interfere with your weight loss.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water. Water is necessary to breakdown fat and creates cellular energy. The general rule is to consume ½ your weight in fluid ounces of water per day. If you weight 150 pounds you would need 75 ounces of fluid per day. If you exercise, are ill, or sweat a lot, you may need more fluid.
My Most Important Weight Loss Secrets!
There are two items I use everyday that make this easy for me. The first and most important secret is my NutriBullet blender. It is engineered to make the nutrients in blended foods easier to absorb. It makes great smoothies when using the Vive shake mix. I replace two meals everyday with the NutriBullet.
Second is a product called Vive! (rhymes with give) It's a whole food drink mix that I use twice per day. It is the best tasting shake mix out there and is highly nutritious. It is great to add to your veggies and fruits in the NutriBullet for more nutrition and a different taste!
I want you to have great success and I don't want weight loss to be on your next year's resolution list unless you’re continuing on the journey. So, please, start planning today, get excited about the new body you're going to have, the new health you're going to enjoy, and the new clothes you get to buy!
It’s simple: plan, execute, do it, lose it, and keep it off by continuing to live a lifestyle of wellness and health.
Healthy Wishes for a New Year!