Summer's officially here! Time for fresh, ice cold popsicles, nighttime concerts, and ...swimsuit season?!
If your body is not beach or pool-side ready, it's time to shape up and slim down! This doesn't have to be a painful process, though. There are no quick fixes or magic weight loss pills; there are, however, healthy lifestyle changes and dietary transition that can help transform your body and leave you looking great.
Here are our 5 tips for slimming down this summer season!
1. Choose water-based foods that not only hydrate, but are low in calories. Staying hydrated allows your body to operate at its best. Cucumbers, watermelon, celery, cantaloupe, strawberries, tomatoes, and broccoli help fill you up without putting you over your daily caloric needs.
2. The abundance of fruits and veggies is at its peak this time of year! Explore new options to tickle your taste buds. Find a new vegetable or fruit at your farmer’s market or grocery store and toss it in a NutriBlast or create a new dinner recipe. Incorporating whole, fiber-filled, plant-based foods leaves less room for the empty processed packaged foods most often void of any nutritional value.
3. Filler up with fiber! Fruits and veggies, whole grains and legumes are nature’s most fibrous superstars. NutriBlasting and plant-based meals offer your daily quota for fiber. Not only does fiber help fill you up, it balances blood sugar and assists with hormone balance, two important components of healthy weight management.
4. Stay sane and de-stress! Find ways to reduce stress. Maybe an outdoors hike or bike ride, a vacation to the beach or lake, some morning yoga will help you relax? Stress is a huge roadblock to weight loss success. Find what motivates you and allows you to find balance and sanity.
5. Add protein! Research shows that a diet higher in protein and lower in sugar and processed carbs helps aid weight loss. When the body is in weight loss mode, it is inevitable that it will lose some lean muscle in the mix. To reduce the amount of muscle loss, do not go below 72g of protein per day.
So get your summer off to the right start today!
Use our Slim Down Transformation Guide to get your weight loss started! With 30 days of delicious, satisfying, and deeply nourishing recipes, you'll speed up your body's detoxifying processes and rev up fat burning the natural, holistic way!
Happy Summer Blasting!