You’re back for day 2! Congratulations on your commitment to a healthy new lifestyle! Hopefully the first day went well and you're enjoying the recipes.
If this cleanse is completely different from your typical meal plan, then these five days may be a big eye opener. This clean eating program may ignite some “detox” symptoms on day 2 or 3, including headaches, cravings, moodiness or reduced energy.
As the saying goes, “This too shall pass!” Soon enough, you'll start to feel amazing.
For those of you who may require a little boost to get over the hump, the following tips are just for you!
- Drink plenty of water – Even though you are drinking NutriBlasts, your body requires water not only to stay hydrated, but also to help keep your bowels regular. When you increase fiber consumption, you can “clog up” if you don’t add water to your routine. The whole idea is to move things along.
- Sweat it out – Waste or “toxins” are eliminated via three avenues: the digestive tract, the lungs, and the skin. Performing light activities to work up a sweat, (not too strenuous!) will not only remove these through your pores, but will help get lymph fluid moving along. Other options to induce a good sweat include a dry or wet sauna or steam room.
- Pamper yourself – Massage? Yes, please! Massages do more than relax sore muscles. They stimulate lymph flow. The lymphatic system helps remove debris and waste that the body no longer needs. By circulating blood and lymph fluid, your body may recover from detox symptoms more rapidly. Dry brushing and Epsom salt baths are great additions to a cleansing plan as well. Brush off dead skin cells and soak in the tub for a rejuvenating overall external body cleanse.
- Find substitutions – Have cravings reached an all-time high? Try substituting something from the “allowed” list instead of your usual go-to. For chocolate cravings, add some raw cacao to your NutriBlast. In need of some salty foods? Add some kelp seasoning to your protein and veggie bowl. Missing the fat? Avocado or cold-pressed coconut oil in a Blast provides that creamy mouth feel. Over time, we can actually reprogram our brain to reach for healthier alternatives to those fat, salt, and sugar-laden processed package foods.
- Rest Up - As mentioned, you might be a bit fatigued around day 2 or 3 of the cleanse. Don’t fight it! To truly take care of your body, it's important to respect your limitations. Tune in to your body. Go to bed if you’re tired. Sneak in a catnap on your lunch break if necessary. In a day or so, you’ll feel so energized that a little temporary sleepiness will be well worth it!
- Just Breathe - Yoga and breathing exercises (known as pranayama) help release built-up toxins by way of the lungs. Deep belly breathing also stimulates lymph flow and helps to calm the body and mind. Yoga is a wonderful cleansing component as it connects movement with your breath. This takes care of the sweat component, too!
Embrace the change!
Hang in there; you will start to feel more energy than you're used to. Laugh more, smile bigger, and experience the power of nutritious food. We're here if you need us!