Welcome to my world. I have been deeply immersed in the diet, lifestyle, supplement and fitness industry for many years and I’m writing this with a unique perspective as an industry insider. My hope is to empower you with knowledge so that the next choice you make regarding diets, supplements and fitness programs is the last one you have to make. I want your results to be lasting and permanent!
Many of the players in this industry know some of you are desperate for change and they also know you want the quickest fix possible. They use this to frame their marketing around your triggers and your weaknesses to suck you into that quick fix mentality. They prey on you. You are vulnerable because you lack the knowledge to make a crucial judgment about the things they’re selling.
Sadly, I speak from experience. Many years ago, I too was looking for that next hook to reel me out of poor health and obesity. I tried every promise that came my way. I wanted to be healthy, but, most importantly, I wanted to lose the weight that had held me prisoner within my own body for over two decades. The promises of a pill, a drink, wraps and creams, shots with hormones from a horse, diets that restrict this and that, and hours of different exercises – I really believed the next great thing was going to be IT!
IT became years of frustration.
There is no magic pill, potion, shot, diet or program that will give you permanent, healthy results without addressing your lifestyle behavior. None! It has to do with how you’re living. How you’re living encompasses what you eat, your activity level, your stress level, your rest and relaxation, and your exposure to toxic chemicals an entire 80 percent of the time.
While high quality nutritional programs from qualified sources can supercharge your health with the right lifestyle education, if they don’t include that long-term blueprint for changing your unhealthy daily routines, your results will be short lived.
You cannot supplement your way out of an unhealthy diet and lifestyle!
Here is what you need to know.
Is the product, program or plan designed as part of an ongoing healthy routine you can incorporate in your life and do forever comfortably? If not, it's not going to deliver long-lasting results. Sure, you may initially lose some weight, but only 5 percent of people keep it off with this approach. A healthy weight loss product should always have a plan or program to educate you on what a healthy lifestyle is. And don’t be afraid to ask questions. Take charge if you are the customer and feel empowered through your purchase or adoption of a plan or product. Don’t settle for inferior products or information from unqualified sources.
I would look for nutritional products that are whole food-based, and organic if possible.
These products are made from real foods, like spinach, carrots, apples, etc., and also have added nutrients, like vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, adaptogens, probiotics and enzymes. The body absorbs nutrients from foods much better than from any other source.
Avoid consuming products that contain any of the following ingredients:
- Artificial sweeteners - sucralose, aspartame, acesulfame potassium (also know as acesulfame k), saccharine, and neotame
- High fructose corn syrup
- Fructose - if consumed too much, fructose can cause a problem with insulin metabolism
- Soy - most soy in the U.S. is a GMO crop)
- Food colorings or dyes
- Corn starch
- Maltodextrin derived from corn
- Cyancobalamin - Instead, look for products using methylcobalamin. Research has shown that methylcobalamin remains in the body for a longer period of time and at higher levels than cyanocobalamin, which means that your body is supplied with vitamin B12 for longer. Methylcobalamin may well also improve visual accommodation, but there is no evidence to suggest that the cyano- compound has the same effect.
- Dl-alpha tocopherol - artificial form of Vitamin E. Look for a product that provides mixed tocopherols and d-alpha tocopherol succinate (the natural form of Vitamin E.)
- Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) - look for products that contain Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) instead. Studies indicate that ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) is much less potent and has a shorter duration of action than Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
Understand there is no product that alone is going to set you free and keep you healthy without you making a lifestyle shift forever. It's all about living a healthy lifestyle. Incorporate a lifestyle change with a great nutritional product and you may supercharge your health and wellness; avoiding the ingredients above is a good place to start your journey.
Being a NutriBullet owner gives you a big advantage. Use it every day with lots of different, brightly-colored whole foods. These foods will flood your body with health-building and body-nurturing nutrients.