Are your kids back in school yet? The clock is starting to wind down and the last thing on your mind is probably the lunches you'll be packing for your kiddos each day. We're guessing making their lunches healthy and all natural isn't high on the priority list, either.
Not to worry! There are tons of snacks you can pack for your little one that are easy, not time consuming, and which they'll love even more than an unhealthy pre-packaged bag of junk food. Just remember: the earlier you teach them to love all natural whole foods, the better!
Top 8 Snacks for Back to School
- Hummus with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and shredded carrots in pita bread or in a wrap
- Nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond) on whole grain bread/toast with sliced banana. Add cinnamon if desired!
- Sliced apples or celery with nut butter
- Vegetable soup (minestrone, lentil/barley, black bean) - fill aTupperware and go!
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Fresh fruit or raw vegetables, lightly salted and sprinkled with lime or citrus juice
- Dried fruit and nuts - trail mix
- Granola bars – watch out for added sugar – look for natural sugars from dried fruits such as dates, figs, raisins, cranberries