Watermelon

Watermelon
Watermelon

Though 92% of watermelon is composed of water, the other 8% is loaded with nutrients, especially antioxidants. These include vitamin A, vitamin C, and lycopene, which helps to neutralize free radicals. To prepare watermelons for your NutriBlast, cut off the rind and remove the seeds.

Selection Process

You can always buy pre-cut and packaged watermelon at the supermarket, but you will get a lot more for your money if you opt for the whole fruit. Look for a smooth rind with one side darker than the other. This indicates ripeness, as the sun darkens the exposed side of the melon while the side touching the ground stays its original color. The melon should feel heavy for its size.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 cup, diced (152.0 g)

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 45.6

% Daily Value*

Total fat 0.2g 0.4%

Saturated Fat 0.0g 0.1%

Cholesterol 0.0mg 0.0%

Sodium 1.5mg 0.0%

Total Carbs 11.5g 3.8%

Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2.4%

Sugars 9.4g

Alcohol 0.0g

Protein 0.9g

Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 2.0%
Vitamin D 0.0% Vitamin E 0.3%
Vitamin K 0.2% Thiamin 3.3%
Riboflavin 1.9% Niacin 1.4%
Vitamin B-6 3.4% Folate 1.1%
Vitamin B-12 0.0% Panto. acid 3.4%
Phosphorus 1.7% Magnesium 3.8%
Zinc 1.0% Selenium 0.9%
Copper 3.2% Manganese 2.9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.