100% Veggie Recipes

990 Views 28 replies
Scott B.

As a member of this amazing community, I am sure you have made some recipes yourself without following ones provided by NutriBullet.

So...

What are some of the recipes you have come up with yourself that are 100% veggie based?

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! 

-Scott

This is one of my favorite veggie-based recipes... Tall cup 3/4 Spinach 4-5 Broccoli Florets Water Blend for 30-35 seconds Enjoy! The energy I feel after drinking this is out of this world! And it is an amazing cleansing blast for sure! :-) -Scott
A good detox blend could be: 50% kale 1/2 small beet 1 celery stalk 1 carrot 1 lemon (peeled) chia seeds (optional - to thicken and help bind toxins) Water to the MAX line and extract
Had these items to use up in the house so made this one today! Tall Cup Handful of Baby Kale 1 Organic Banana Handful Blueberries 2 Ice Cubes Water to Max Line Blend for 30-35 seconds I'll tell you, I had to wait a bit before I had a chance to taste it, and it gelled up to almost jello! However, it tasted very good! Duh, oops, maybe this should go in the 50% Veggie 50% Fruit section. Sorry!
It's ok Joseph! No worries :-)
Krista - What is it about these ingredients that make it a great detox blend? I look forward to your reply! :-)
Great Q Scott! In general,Great Q Scott! In general, these foods are highly alkalizing which creates an environment that bacteria and viruses would have a difficult time surviving. They are also highly fibrous which helps move things along the digestive tract while helping to bind heavy metals and other toxins. This is how chia works as a detox aid too (when in gelatinous form after combined with liquid - including in the stomach). Kale is a rich source of the green pigment chlorophyll which can help "build the blood" - Many of the components which build and sustain the essential elements in blood are also found in foods that are high in chlorophyll. There actually is only a slight difference between the chemical structure of heme (in the oxygen-carrying hemoglobin) and chlorophyll. Celery helps to aid digestion, regulate body fluid, and acts as a diuretic to help eliminate waste. Beets are also blood builders and contain betaine, a substance that encourages the liver cells to get rid of toxins. Additionally, betaine acts to defend the liver and bile ducts, which are important if the liver is to function properly. (http://www.naturalnews.com/033025_beets_liver_function.html#ixzz2ExeSJ6rW) Lemon also is very alkalizing and helps to produce the bile necessary to properly digest food and assimilate nutrients. The more efficiently your stomach breaks down food, the less work your liver has to do - allowing it to do its job of packaging toxins for elimination from the body. In addition, the NutriBullet pulverizes the ingredients into somewhat "pre-digested" particles that also reduces the strain on your digestive system.
Krista - Thank you for an amazing explanation! This is pure gold! :-) I am familiar with the "alkaline diet concept," and I love how you explained in detail how each ingredient impacts the body. What is exciting is to think about how all of these ingredients "synergize" to create something "magical" for your body!
My pleasure Scott! Still to this day, the power of food amazes me.
Thank you, Scott for asking. I would have never thought to ask. Thank you, Krista. Very helpful and educational. Can't wait to try the recipe. Happy Blasting 2013!
this is pure green smoothie! would it be ok to add sea salt or lemon to at least to have some tastey flavor? I'm thinking of trying this recipe myself. Thanks in advance!
I was wondering if heating a veggie blast would kill the enzymes? I really crave a hot vegetable. I just can't quite handle cold veggie blasts, but want the nutrients. I've had my NutriBullet about three weeks and love it, but have only done the traditional 50% greens and 50% fruit. I want to branch out into vegetables, but I'm sort of dreading the thought of drinking cold veggie soup. Please give me your wisdom!!
Krista - That is so true.Krista - That is so true. When my mother got her first taste of the Nutriblast.... she couldn't believe how it rejuvenated her insides. She's a lung cancer survivor and within seconds of drinking the blast I made her (Vita-Berry Blast) she said her breathing feels normal and couldn't believe it. Nature's food has always been there for our disposal but it is how our body absorb it that makes a difference - Nutribullet makes this possible! I can never thank the makers of Nutribullet enough, how they gave so many people a new lease on life.
I am going to be 100% real with you. Veggies blasts don't "taste" very good. The way I get over the taste is by doing this... Instead of thinking about the taste as it goes down, I instead focus on how much my system is loving me for feeding it these amazing nutrients. Knowing that the blades have penetrated the cell walls to get to the core nutrition of the veggies that have been blended is what keeps me drinking these amazing drinks. One of my favorite ones that gives me an instant energy kick is Spinach and Broccoli (and I sometimes add flax seeds depending on how I am feeling). I know that if you heat the veggies up, you will definitely kill the enzymes. I am sure one of the nutritionists in the forum can expand upon this topic further.
Thanks much Scott! Yes, pretty much what I figured...and I DO keep in mind what a tremendous favor I am doing my body! I will try the Spinach/Broccoli blast.... Happy New Year!
While cooking to a certain temperature does destroy certain enzymes, it also enhances some carotenoids like beta-carotene and lycopene. So in the end, a variety is nice! Also, the most important point...do whatever it takes to get in your fruits and veggies! There are still beneficial properties in cooked foods other than enzymes that are important in a healthy diet. If you don't like it, you won't consistently drink it - so do what you'd like and find what works for you. In the end, it is much much better than a bag of chips or fast food ;)
Let me know how you "like" it. (Focusing more on how your body feels, than how it tastes! :)
Hello ! This is my first post. I just got my NutriBullet a few days ago and I'm in love. It's interesting that most people enjoy the sweeter, fruity blends while I am a veggie gal all the way. My favorite so far is: Spinach Carrot Cucumber Cilantro Jalapeno Green Onion Grape Tomato Mmmm..... I struggle with adding fruit, but I'm trying. I'm not big on sweet. I'm starting small with adding some apple. I'm looking forward to growing into more fruits !
Sounds good. What is wrong with all veggie? Really we don't need as much fruit as veggies in my humble opinion. (-;
That jalapeno must spice it up nicely! Never thought about adding one to a blast before! Does it overpower the other ingredients?
I also like to make veggie mixes, but I also find the taste not so great. So what I do is add low sodium vegetable juice or low sodium canned tomatoes to make the flavor better. Fresh tomatoes also makes a difference. My favorite is spinich, broccoli, cucumber, green pepper, celery, carrot. I make a couple of days worth. When I blend it I add some juice and some water. It's also great with a little Jalapeno pepper added.
I use lemon in this, but its largely vegetable: tomato 1/2 cucumber fresh parsley spinach 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 1/2 lemon, peeled I also love beet/carrot/ginger!
I love this combo! Thanks for adding your recipe! :)
Interesting recipe! Love it! :)
Kaybee51, I am def going to try your receipe, I am trying to go more on the veggie side for weight loss. Have you tried blueberries? they are not so sweet. Debbie
I am sure it wouldn't be a problem! Let me know how it goes!
Yes i hope one of the nutritionists can help. because i need to know if you need to cook or steam the veggies first, because i found out if you eat the veggies raw they slow your Thyroid system down, can some one help on this.
rayone - There are multiple benefits to eating raw fruits and vegetables. If you have a healthy thyroid, there is no cause for concern about eating raw vegetables. For those with a thyroid disorder, there might be some dietary modifications that are necessary and medication may be required. If this is the case, please speak with your healthcare provider to see what he/she recommends for your particular needs.
Thanks Krista, for your reply.