A warning to current or future 900 owners!

1103 Views 11 replies
PJ U.

Hello folks! I just received some rather dismaying news from Nutribullet customer service. If you own or purchase a Nutribullet 900 and you send it in for repair, you will NOT be able to get a 900 back. In an email, the following was stated, "we do not stock NutriBullet 900 motor bases at this time. We would only be able to assist you with a replacement 600 watt motor base. The only way to receive a replacement NutriBullet 900 motor base would be to return your unit to the store for a replacement". So folks, this is a little dishonest to me, especially since I just purchased the Xtra 4 year warranty, and absolutely no mention is made of these circumstances at all anywhere by this company. This in my opinion, is dirty pool and total BS. I did not buy a 900 so that it could be replaced by a 600 if mine fails at some point. So, just be aware.

That's ridiculous.
It definitely sounds ridiculous to me, but there it was in bold as brass print in the email they sent me. All I could say was just, "Wow". I feel like I took the shaft on this one.
I posted this message on their Facebook page as well, and they deleted it. I guess I will just have to keep posting it.
Yeah, if you complain too much on their Facebook page, they will block you from posting there altogether.
File a complaint with your local attorney GENERAL's office. Copy your warranty and receipt for the extended warrantee.
They can certainly block me, but that is what disposable email addresses and new accounts are for. I do not think I am in the wrong for bringing blatant dishonesty to light to try and help other buyers.
I sincerely doubt that is going to work if I am the only person complaining. Nope, first, I have to make sure other consumers know about this. If none of you are concerned that you will get an inferior product in return if you need to get service on your 900, then I guess no harm has been done and Nutribullet can get away with this.
WickedGirl wrote:

Hello folks! I just received some rather dismaying news from Nutribullet customer service. If you own or purchase a Nutribullet 900 and you send it in for repair, you will NOT be able to get a 900 back. In an email, the following was stated, "we do not stock NutriBullet 900 motor bases at this time. We would only be able to assist you with a replacement 600 watt motor base. The only way to receive a replacement NutriBullet 900 motor base would be to return your unit to the store for a replacement". So folks, this is a little dishonest to me, especially since I just purchased the Xtra 4 year warranty, and absolutely no mention is made of these circumstances at all anywhere by this company. This in my opinion, is dirty pool and total BS. I did not buy a 900 so that it could be replaced by a 600 if mine fails at some point. So, just be aware.

Yeah, but see, try not to be too reactionary about this. The 900 is a new product. They may have a production issue--so many orders that they don't YET have a surplus stock to replace from current resources. The email does *not* say you can't get a replacement; it says you'd need to make an exchange at a retailer. If you don't *want* to go through a retailer, then they would replace the 900 base with a 600--that's at YOUR choice, not theirs.
Bob, you were blocked from our Facebook page after you were bashing us all over the internet.
The only messages that are ever hidden are when you post the information more than once, or if the spam filter grabs it. ALL CAPS is one of the things that will catch your comment in the spam filter
Our customer service people have been in touch with you and they rectified this misunderstanding, we would hope that you would step up and report on how this was resolved.