- Detox: often times a cleanse will help you reduce bloating and lose some unwanted pounds. By eliminating some foods and eating a "clean" diet, you can help your body's natural ability to burn fat and use foods as energy. Try eating a plant-based diet - no meat, no added sugar, no alcohol or caffeine, no gluten, and no dairy for a week to cleanse your body. Try one of our cleanses using the NutriBullet.
We have them posted in our cleanse forum here: http://www.nutriliving.com/forum
- Drinking warm water with lemon, ginger, and/or apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning helps improve digestion...often leading to better utilization of nutrients and weight management.
- Avoid fried foods
- Healthy fats (avocado, nuts, seeds, hemp seeds, cold-pressed coconut oil, olive oil)
- Pre and Probiotics (kimchi, kombucha, sauerkraut, etc.)
- And we cannot forget exercise to rev up your metabolism and sweat out the toxins, plus burn calories!
Contrary to what many fitness and health magazines claim, there's no food that will target fat in a specific area. However, we do know a few things that can help widdle away the middle (and other areas too!)
- Reduce stress - cortisol tends to increase fat storage
- Avoid or reduce alcohol consumption - "beer belly" got it's name for a reason
- Eat more high fiber foods like veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes (a good digestive system helps keep your metabolism in check)
- Reduce the amount of refined carbs and sugars in your diet (not only are these blood sugar disasters, but they also cause bloating. For more info about bloating, check out this article: