Can you put ice in the Nutri bullet

1059 Views 8 replies
Anne A.
Joined: 1/18/2014

Will it damage the blades?

Yes you can use ice. Be sure to still include liquid. I personally prefer to use frozen fruit to make my Blasts cold :)
That was my next question...is frozen fruit still as beneficial as fresh fruit. I prefer to buy frozen because it keeps longer. I use my fresh fruit as quickly as possible but with my schedule I only get to the grocery store about once a week and the fresh fruits tend to go bad quickly. So is the frozen fruit as beneficial?
mrswhite27 wrote: That was my next question...is frozen fruit still as beneficial as fresh fruit. I prefer to buy frozen because it keeps longer. I use my fresh fruit as quickly as possible but with my schedule I only get to the grocery store about once a week and the fresh fruits tend to go bad quickly. So is the frozen fruit as beneficial?
Yes it is! Depending on how "fresh" the fresh produce is, frozen may actually contain more nutrients...here's more info: http://www.nutriliving.com/blog/fresh-or-frozen-whats-healthier
My local news recently reported that putting ice in the newest model may shorten the life of the blades and parts of the blade may come out into whatever you make in it. This was a study done by consumer reports. I am a new user. I am planning on not using ice.
May I ask how long to blend because a few times the texture is that of pulp .
Rob40 wrote: May I ask how long to blend because a few times the texture is that of pulp .
I usually blend for about 30 seconds and then I will pulse it a couple times if it is still too thick and pulpy. Sometimes adding additional fluid can help make the texture smoother.
How can I take the quiz on this site? I just got my nutribullett so I am trying to learn. Thank you for your time.
Bonitachica1963 wrote: How can I take the quiz on this site? I just got my nutribullett so I am trying to learn. Thank you for your time.
Stay tuned, we are working on adjusting some errors we were having with the quiz and will have it posted in a couple months. Please continue to check back. Thanks! In the meantime you can browse our website, search recipes by your favorite ingredients or by a specific health condition, read through our forums and learn a lot about Blasting and nutrition. If you have any questions feel free to ask, we are here to help!