Cancer Can Scare the Health Out of a Person!
Thanks to my cancer, my life has been divided into two parts. There is “BC” (before cancer) and “AC” (after cancer). BC involved working 13 hour days, eating only what contained sugar and came in a package and not sleeping well.
Cancer has a way of scaring the health out of a person! I learned that I was the perfect candidate for cancer. In fact, it was just waiting to get me according to my doctors. In addition to stress and poor diet, my immune system was a disaster and I had a family history of cancer. So after the unpleasant surgeries and chemotherapy, I decided that I was going to change my poor eating habits.
I have written some forums with suggestions on how to eat and stay strong during cancer treatment. I would now like to address diet and healthy eating after treatment. While a healthy diet by itself may not keep cancer from returning, it can help you to detox from all of the chemicals, increase your strength and build your immune system.
Here are some suggestions:
- Incorporate lots of fruits and vegetables into your diet. These have essential vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Eat whole grains for necessary complex carbohydrates, fiber and vitamins.
- Add a variety of beans to your diet.
- Eliminate or reduce refined sugar, salt, pickled food and alcohol.
- Avoid sticking with the same food every day. No single food will contain all of the nutrients you need each day.
- Reduce dairy products.
- Use Coconut or Olive Oils instead of butter.
- Try to eat several small meals throughout the day instead of three larger meals.
- My personal favorite – Try to eat your last meal before 7:00 p.m.
Since completing my cancer treatment, I have been following the suggestions above and have been avoiding gluten whenever possible in addition to using my NutriBullet every day.
I have never felt this good in my life. It’s sad that it took a cancer diagnosis to get to this place, but I can’t change the past. I can only take control of my future.