Christmas Virgin Vegan Eggnog Recipe
Here is a recipe for Virgin Vegan Eggnog. The recipe will need to be modified for the Nutribullet because it is written for many servings and for a regular blender. Any other Christmas Blast recipes out there?
4 cups raw almonds
Filtered water for soaking nuts
8 cups filtered water
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup raw almond butter
1-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg (I prefer buying the whole nuts, then milling them fresh!)
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp. rum extract (or to taste)**
- Soak almonds overnight in water
- Rinse and drain soaked almonds
- Place soaked almonds and 6 cups of filtered water in blender or food processor (may need to do in 2 batches). Blast for about 1 minute.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.* (This is one step I think you can disregard, as the recipe is written for a blender).
- Place almond milk back into blender; add almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Blend again for 30 seconds; pour into large pitcher with cover.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- *Solids can be dried out in the oven at a low temperature (225 °F) and used as almond flour in baking recipes.
- **You can hold off on the rum extract if you think the kids won’t like it, and then add a few drops to your individual glass of eggnog.
- Vegan eggnog can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.