Clean in 2014 Cleanse and Shopping List

86338 Views 244 replies
Nutri B.

Here it is, folks! Let's be healthy and clean this 2014!

If you're ready to get the new year off to a clean start, join us for our 5 day Clean in 2014 Cleanse! You have from now until Monday morning to buy all of your groceries and mentally prepare for a week of clean eating. We've organized our cleanse in an easy-to-follow format - just click the links below to print and download the Shopping List and Cleanse.

And remember - we're in this together! Let us know how you feel each day. Our NutriBullet RD Krista will be checking in every day with new information and updates right here in our NutriLiving Clean in 2014 forum. We're also giving away one Dessert Bullet daily starting Monday to a random Cleanse participant who comments on her forum posts with their progress. 

Click here for the Clean in 2014 Shopping List.

(The Shopping List ONLY INCLUDES NUTRIBLAST INGREDIENTS. Review the Cleanse before shopping and choose your daily meal or soup options and add those ingredients to your list - serving sizes are included!)

Click here for the Clean in 2014 Cleanse Plan.

Can't wait to get started!

Looking forward to getting started! One quick question. Due to my work schedule it would be easier for me to to have the soup/meal at 2pm and then Blast at 6pm. Would the results still be similar or is the plan designed with specific times?
dazula wrote: Looking forward to getting started! One quick question. Due to my work schedule it would be easier for me to to have the soup/meal at 2pm and then Blast at 6pm. Would the results still be similar or is the plan designed with specific times?
Absolutely! You can switch the timing of the soup/meal and your Blast - whichever works best for you :)
Can't wait to jump in. Need/want to drop 40 pounds !!
This might be a silly question - will this be ok to do while I am at work? I am worried that I might be running to the bathroom all day? My friend said that happened to her when she was doing a cleanse once. Also, when the boosts call for 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, or almonds, or nuts, etc - should I use the milling blade for those first and then add to my blasts?
ErikaLynn wrote: This might be a silly question - will this be ok to do while I am at work? I am worried that I might be running to the bathroom all day? My friend said that happened to her when she was doing a cleanse once. Also, when the boosts call for 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, or almonds, or nuts, etc - should I use the milling blade for those first and then add to my blasts?
Not a silly Q :) Depending on what type of foods you are used to eating and how much "detoxing" your body needs, will determine your bathroom visits - however this will probably be more fiber and liquid than you are used to so I'd expect a couple more visits than usual. This is a good thing - your body is removing waste! No need to mill the ingredients first, just toss them in along w/ the rest of the ingredients and Blast away!
That's great! Thank you Krista! I am really looking forward to this. Going shopping tonight for my groceries. :)
I'm looking forward to the new blasts! I couldn't wait any longer after the holidays, so I was in need of starting a cleanse today. I am doing the first 3 days of the 2013 Kickoff Cleanse and will go into the new 2014 cleanse starting Monday. Green Goddess Gumbo w/ brown rice is my favorite recipe and I'm really looking forward to the new butternut squash soup recipe! I find it difficult with my job to make a blast at work, so I have a several airtight Rubbermaid drink containers to store the blasts in the fridge. I will make all the blasts in the morning and take them to work already made. This solution worked very well last summer when I did the 2013 Kickoff Cleanse for the first time. Good luck everyone and I am excited to hear and share our experiences with the new 2014 Cleanse!
Printed out my cleanse shopping list and am ready to go to the store tomorrow. Hit the gym these last couple of days to start to get myself mentally and physically strong. Glad to see the question about whether/not it mattered what time we have the soup vs blast as I prefer a larger meal mid-day at times. Excited for all of this as I have received my first Nutri Bullet for Christmas. My husband heard me talk of it with two of my friends who have one and he thought I'd really enjoy it. He was right!!! Happy weekend to all and good luck shopping. It will be good to have others along for this ride. Talk to you all on Monday. Kim
Can I add herbal teas during the day?
Looks great. I can't wait to get started. The soups look yummy, and I am a big soup fan. The blasts will be refreshing. Thanks for the shopping list.
Looking forward to getting started... but must do some shopping first..
I definitely need this after all the holiday meals.
I'm wondering how I'll manage without the protein. I normally put a scoop of high quality whey protein powder in with my blasts. Is that out of he question with this cleanse?
Had trouble getting to the list earlier but I made a Blast that contained, 2cups of spinach, 1 large banana, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup mangoes, 1/4 cup sliced beets (roasted) no seasoning, mixed fruits - mostly watermelon, and some unsweetened almond milk.
flaxseeds, nuts and almond milk all have some protein int hem
I got everything on the list except edible aloe vera. Where would I get something like that? Health Food Store?
i have been shoveling snow for 3 straight days, yesterday I shoveling for 2 1/2 hours. It was still snowing too. Got back out there for another 80 minutes today. I joined Mother Nature's gym and will be an active member for the rest of the season.
Thanks for the shopping list and recipes...can't wait to get started. Have most of the ingredients already. I bought the NutriBullet for my Husband for Christmas, and I think I was more excited to start then he was..haha. Wishing everyone Good Luck!!!
I wonder if I will be able to do that at work... I did 3-day cleanse once but it was a holiday and i stayed at home the whole time. I'm also working out everyday... Do you think I would feel too weak/light headed? Any thoughts?
I have a nut allergy and cannot use the almonds and/or almond milk in my blast. Is there something I can substitute? Or should I just use water in my blast instead of Almond Milk?
Can a diabetic person do this cleanse?
Spinach and kale have more protein than some meats.p
Would Cocunut milk work? Rice milk is quite popular as well. You can find all in sweetened or unsweetened. I always use unsweetened everything. I found a flax milk that is excellent as well...
Thanks for this tip! I was wondering how I can make this cleanse work while I was working...bc I cannot make blasts at work! Thanks again!
Ok..I am going shopping now and buying all the ingredients! A bit nervous on how my body will react to this cleanse. Never tried anything like this before and I truly love to eat! I am a teacher and I am also nervous on how I will feel, hopefully I won't get too agitated and I definitely hope I do not run into any stomach issues that I will be running to the bathroom! Thanks for setting us all up with this great program and GOOD LUCK to everyone!
I have done the 3 day spring cleanse. Can't imagine 5 days but I'm going for !!!
Can I still drink plain water throughout the day?
Can't find pitted cherries. Any suggestions for a substitute. Thanx
»this was suppose to be a reply to the post asking where to find aloe Vera« It will be in a health food store for sure but may also be in your regular grocery store also- just hidden. If not by juice section then check near vitamin/ supplements or also in medicine/first aid area. Aloe Vera juice is packed with nutrients & minerals I love it!
As a nursing mother, I will modify the plan for me a little but I really am looking forward to the cleanse!
I'm really looking forward to this cleanse but I have a question. For the ginger in the morning tea should I grate it, use the milling blade to grind it up or just steep it whole?
I just purchased my Nutribullet and I'm looking forward to the 2014 Kickoff Cleanse on Monday! Thank you for the shopping list. I'll be going shopping tomorrow as well as preparing my food since I work 8-10 hours during the week. I'm really looking forward to the butternut squash soup recipe! Good luck everyone! I am excited to share my experience with everyone.
Got mine for xmas and look forward to the cleanse. I'm guessing we use the larger cup for all these blasts??
Hey what is a good substitute for cucumber. Someone I know is really allergic to it.
Hi Im a newbie! I just got mine for christmas. Im very excited to start cleansing this monday! Im gonna start using NutriBlast tomorrow and continue using to lose weight plus working out for my wedding!! :)
Congratulations! You're going to love your Nutribullet once you get into the hang of what you like! Good luck!
How about a zuccini? or celery
Looking forward to start my cleasing! The soups look and sound really delicious. Will be doing like dustinp and preparing the blasts before I leave home to take to work. But I wonder? Will making the blasts early reduce the affects and nutritional values?
Whenever I make ginger tea, I just slice it finely, pour boiling water over it , cover it and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Then I just pour it through a strainer. A tea ball is simpler but I've misplaced mine
How much exactly is one serving of soup?
I found mine in the Health and Beauty section at Whole Foods. They had a great selection. This 5-day cleanse calls for Aloe Vera GEL. But when I was at Whole Foods they recommended the juice instead. They said the gel just introduces thickeners that you don't need. And sure enough, when I read the ingredients, the gel contained things like carageenan gum
Definitely drink lots of water. It's the one thing your body needs more than anything. And you'll likely be going to the bathroom more so you'll need to stay hydrated
A real newbie here! I'veA real newbie here! I've never juiced, or made smoothies in my 70 years but I'm willing to try. I have all the old lady problems. The only setbacks for me is bananas (instant migraine if I manage to choke it down) and coconut. I have had coconut milk and tolerated it but what do I substitute for bananas that are in so many recipes?
Avocados? Super healthy, lots of vitamins in avocados and have about the same consistency as bananas. And instead of coconut water you could use Almond milk.
Will it hurt to drink black coffee while on this?
janlee wrote: Can I add herbal teas during the day?
Yes you may! Caffeine-free tea is a great way to get in that extra hydration.
bcooper4 wrote: Will it hurt to drink black coffee while on this?
I'd suggest staying away from stimulants like caffeine, including coffee...a great alternative could be some ginger tea or mix about 6oz warm water with 1 Tbsp raw cacao (or our Superfood Superboost) and 1/2 tsp raw honey and 1 tsp cold-pressed coconut oil. This makes a great warming beverage for the morning or when you need an energy boost!
arojo27 wrote: Avocados? Super healthy, lots of vitamins in avocados and have about the same consistency as bananas. And instead of coconut water you could use Almond milk.
Absolutely!
JanineB wrote: A real newbie here! I've never juiced, or made smoothies in my 70 years but I'm willing to try. I have all the old lady problems. The only setbacks for me is bananas (instant migraine if I manage to choke it down) and coconut. I have had coconut milk and tolerated it but what do I substitute for bananas that are in so many recipes?
Feel free to either leave the banana out or sub in avocado, a couple Tbsp of gluten-free rolled oats or cooked quinoa to provide some B vitamins as well as the creamy consistency, or you may wish to throw some other fruits like pear or berries!
Mireilleduclos wrote: I found mine in the Health and Beauty section at Whole Foods. They had a great selection. This 5-day cleanse calls for Aloe Vera GEL. But when I was at Whole Foods they recommended the juice instead. They said the gel just introduces thickeners that you don't need. And sure enough, when I read the ingredients, the gel contained things like carageenan gum
Yes! Aloe vera juice is great and all-natural :) We originally had in mind the gel straight from the leaf of the aloe vera plant, but I know that's tough to find for most people....great suggestion and thanks for the info! We'll change that in our plan for next time to make it more clear.
doria wrote: How much exactly is one serving of soup?
About 1.5-2 cups is a serving.
LuciLucifer wrote: Looking forward to start my cleasing! The soups look and sound really delicious. Will be doing like dustinp and preparing the blasts before I leave home to take to work. But I wonder? Will making the blasts early reduce the affects and nutritional values?
It's always best to drink it shortly after making it as light, heat and air are the things that degrade nutrients. However, it's not convenient for everyone to stay at home and Blast. So, a few options are to pre-Blast and take it with you ensuring to keep it sealed tightly and out of the light and keep it cold. Another option is to pack the cup w/ all your ingredients and then take the actual base w/ you to work and Blast it there - the beauty of it being such a small machine :)
lisajenweight42 wrote: Hey what is a good substitute for cucumber. Someone I know is really allergic to it.
jficks has some great recommendations - zucchini or celery. Melons might be another option if they are not allergic to those.
cmquiroz wrote: Got mine for xmas and look forward to the cleanse. I'm guessing we use the larger cup for all these blasts??
You are correct!
kslania wrote: I'm really looking forward to this cleanse but I have a question. For the ginger in the morning tea should I grate it, use the milling blade to grind it up or just steep it whole?
You can just slice or cut a few chunks or slivers off the fresh root and steep it directly in the hot water!
sungreen13 wrote: As a nursing mother, I will modify the plan for me a little but I really am looking forward to the cleanse!
Excellent idea! We normally don't recommend nursing mothers do a cleanse, however if you have the ok from your Dr. and know what modifications you'll need to make then we hope you find it helpful. You don't want to cut your calories or nutrients short so adding in some extra here and there (maybe some healthy whole food snacks in between as well) is highly recommended...
Hello everyone I joined today and am keen to get started. Quick question, can u buy coconut water from supermarkets or should I go to a health good shop? Not heard of it before only the milk. Thanks
Spamie wrote: Can't find pitted cherries. Any suggestions for a substitute. Thanx
If you haven't done so, check the freezer section of your health food store (Whole Foods usually has them), but I've also seen them in traditional supermarkets as well. If still no luck, sub in some raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries or other red/purple berry!
Cpj8540 wrote: Hello everyone I joined today and am keen to get started. Quick question, can u buy coconut water from supermarkets or should I go to a health good shop? Not heard of it before only the milk. Thanks
It's pretty mainstream these days so you should be able to find it at the regular grocery store. Just be sure it is plain coconut water without any added sugars or whatnot. My two favorite brands are C2O and Taste Nirvana, however you'll probably be able to find some Zico or Vita Coco in most stores.
Berngordon wrote: Can I still drink plain water throughout the day?
YES!!! This is highly encouraged...thanks for bringing that up :)
mvkusack wrote: I have done the 3 day spring cleanse. Can't imagine 5 days but I'm going for !!!
Excellent choice :) You'll do great. Good luck!
cricketbean wrote: Spinach and kale have more protein than some meats.p
We don't want to confuse anyone so I wanted to add "per calorie" so you'd have to eat a lot of leafy greens to get the same total amount of protein, but nonetheless - veggies I agree are underestimated in the protein department ;)
bugaboo74 wrote: Can a diabetic person do this cleanse?
Some with diabetes have done well with NutriBlasts not affecting their blood sugar and actually helping improve glucose levels. Blasts retain the fiber and we have some protein in there too so this lessens the sudden sugar surge that an all juice cleanse would have). I'd say as long as you keep a close eye on your blood sugar readings throughout the day and make adjustments as necessary (using more veggies than fruit if necessary, eating a snack if low, etc.) then you might benefit from this cleanse. I'd also add to get the OK from your Dr.!
snichole82 wrote: I have a nut allergy and cannot use the almonds and/or almond milk in my blast. Is there something I can substitute? Or should I just use water in my blast instead of Almond Milk?
You may either use water (usually the best/healthiest choice) or sub coconut milk (not the full fat kind, but the one next to the almond milk) or use hemp milk, rice milk, or coconut water. Just be sure the get the unsweetened versions!
vhysong wrote: I wonder if I will be able to do that at work... I did 3-day cleanse once but it was a holiday and i stayed at home the whole time. I'm also working out everyday... Do you think I would feel too weak/light headed? Any thoughts?
Lighter workout are fine and actually help sweat out some of the toxins! However, if doing high intensity, I'd say to add in some extra protein and calories. I usually suggest resting while on a cleanse (light workouts like walking, yoga, Pilates, or a light bike ride) to allow your body to rest and focus on rejuvenation instead of stressing it out. You should be fine continuing to work since there are more substantial foods than in an all juice cleanse. However, if you feel like you need more, bringing along some raw almonds or some raw veggies with homemade hummus is a good healthy snack to tide you over and give you a little more energy. The degree of fogginess usually depends on what type of diet you typically follow. If you are used to clean, whole foods, symptoms might not be so bad vs. someone who is used to eating fast food frequently.
I have a busy life as a full time Master student, I may not be able to find time to make salads or soups from the list (seems to take a lot of time). Can I use regular salad such as roman lettuce or spinach with raspberry viginear instead?
Great, thanks. Can I eat some of the soup throughout the day if hunger strikes?
ErikaLynn wrote: I got everything on the list except edible aloe vera. Where would I get something like that? Health Food Store?
That's why we put it as optional! You can find aloe vera juice at most health food stores. An aloe leaf is hard to come by. If not, you can sub in some cold-pressed coconut oil, cucumber, avocado, or some chia seeds in place of the aloe.
doria wrote: Great, thanks. Can I eat some of the soup throughout the day if hunger strikes?
Yes you may!
jerdman wrote: I have a busy life as a full time Master student, I may not be able to find time to make salads or soups from the list (seems to take a lot of time). Can I use regular salad such as roman lettuce or spinach with raspberry viginear instead?
Absolutely! Just keep to the main idea of no added sugar, no caffeine, whole foods, no preservatives, no trans fats or packaged foods, no dairy, animal proteins, or alcohol! And try to avoid gluten as well.
Mireilleduclos wrote: I'm wondering how I'll manage without the protein. I normally put a scoop of high quality whey protein powder in with my blasts. Is that out of he question with this cleanse?
If you are continuing to work out or need that extra protein then I'd say find a plant-based source to add to your Blasts (hemp, brown rice, pea)...we want to try to avoid dairy (and all other major allergens) on this cleanse. If you want to stick w/ your regular whey powder - then it's good that it is high quality and I can't say not to use it...these are just my recommendations. I know some people feel better after giving up dairy so this might be a nice time to try that!
Wegmans by me has Aloe Vera by the organic section
I just came back from shopping! I am so excited. I have been using my Nutribullet and blasting since January 3rd, but I am am starting the actual cleanse on Monday! Who is excited?
I just came back from shopping! I am so excited. I have been using my Nutribullet and blasting since January 3rd, but I am am starting the actual cleanse on Monday! Who is excited?
I just came in from shopping and I am ready to go! While I have been blasting since January 3rd, I am excited to do the cleanse. Can I do it for more than 5 days? Or should I use the other recipes?
I'm so excited to do this 5 day cleanse!! I tried my first one this morning and it tasted great! The best thing I'll gain from this cleanse is incorporating different ingredients that I would normally turn my nose up to into my nutriblasts. Thank you for making this challenge :)
I'm so excited to do this 5 day cleanse!! I tried my first one this morning and it tasted great! The best thing I'll gain from this cleanse is incorporating different ingredients that I would normally turn my nose up to into my nutriblasts. Thank you for making this challenge :)
This kind of worked out perfectly for me. I had decided to do this and then was invited to participate in a 7 day prayer and consecration fast. We can only eat fruit, vegetables and soup and drink water. So my fruits and vegetables with be in my blasts and I can make that goddess gumbo which sounds delicious.
Got all the ingredients today, and even made the butternut squash soup so it's ready to just heat up for supper after work tomorrow! I will be blasting #2 and #3 in the morning and taking them with to work! I'm so excited!
Bought all the food today and prepared it for tomorrow. Im looking forward to starting! We can do it!
Looking forward to starting cleanse tomorrow. Made the tomato soup & the sweet potato kale quinoa. Both recipes turned out awesome & I'll be making these again.
Looking forward to starting cleanse tomorrow. Made the tomato soup & the sweet potato kale quinoa. Both recipes turned out awesome & I'll be making these again.
Can i have just plain fruits during the day ir hunger strikes?
Had my tea and drinking the first shake now! Not a huge fan of the first one but it's bearable. Looking forward to the shake at 11.
I had my tea this morning and my first NutriBlast! I have never put avocado in any juicing or smoothie so that was interesting, though I love avocado to a fault. Can we post pics here? I am ready for the day, made call of my blasts this morning, all nicely placed in an insulated bag. In addition to my devotionals, this cleanse is perfect for my spiritual well being. I will be posting pics on FB.
Who would have thought that I'd like hot water with ginger and lemon? Actually found it a nice way to start the day and the first Blast is taking me to Zumba class in a half hour. Looking forward to assessing the energy this provides. Good wishes to everyone today as we kick off this week! Kim
just had the tea but not a huge fan of it. Maybe I put too much ginger but to me it taste like The spaghetti-o's I used to have when I was a kid. Anything else that I can substitute for that?
I had my tea this morning and first blast. I actually liked the first blast. I'm concerned about the 6pm blast. I am looking forward to this cleanse. Happy Blasting all!
Very anxious to get started! Unfortunately, I'm snowed in right now! Love the recipes and will definately start the program as soon as I can drive the vehicle out of the driveway and get some shopping done! Love my new NutriBullet! Enjoyed the toxin cleansing blast so far!
I'm new to this! What are recommendations for working out during a cleanse? Should you add a pre/post workout blast? Protein? Thanks!
brigletts wrote: This kind of worked out perfectly for me. I had decided to do this and then was invited to participate in a 7 day prayer and consecration fast. We can only eat fruit, vegetables and soup and drink water. So my fruits and vegetables with be in my blasts and I can make that goddess gumbo which sounds delicious.
Wow, what a coincidence :) Enjoy!
tnc9999 wrote: Looking forward to starting cleanse tomorrow. Made the tomato soup & the sweet potato kale quinoa. Both recipes turned out awesome & I'll be making these again.
So glad you are enjoying the recipes! Eating healthy can be delicious too :) Thanks for sharing with us!
kameyu09 wrote: Can i have just plain fruits during the day ir hunger strikes?
Yes you may! Also, consider some plain veggies too to keep the sugar down.
Summergem616 wrote: I had my tea this morning and my first NutriBlast! I have never put avocado in any juicing or smoothie so that was interesting, though I love avocado to a fault. Can we post pics here? I am ready for the day, made call of my blasts this morning, all nicely placed in an insulated bag. In addition to my devotionals, this cleanse is perfect for my spiritual well being. I will be posting pics on FB.
Unfortunately, forum Blasters can't post pics on NutriLiving just yet - however, please post them on facebook so we can see :)
cmquiroz wrote: just had the tea but not a huge fan of it. Maybe I put too much ginger but to me it taste like The spaghetti-o's I used to have when I was a kid. Anything else that I can substitute for that?
If you're not a fan of the ginger, then you can try either some lemon and cayenne pepper or just a tad of apple cider vinegar and lemon. If neither of those work, then some warm herbal tea of your choice (non caffeinated) will get your morning started on the right track.
jforget wrote: Very anxious to get started! Unfortunately, I'm snowed in right now! Love the recipes and will definately start the program as soon as I can drive the vehicle out of the driveway and get some shopping done! Love my new NutriBullet! Enjoyed the toxin cleansing blast so far!
Sorry to hear you're snowed in :( Jump in whenever you can! We'll be here all week. Stay warm!!
Can I take the TBSP of apple cider vinegar by itself and get it over with? I had difficulty drinking the tea this morning even with the water and lemon.
Rachelmascola wrote: I'm new to this! What are recommendations for working out during a cleanse? Should you add a pre/post workout blast? Protein? Thanks!
During a cleanse I recommend sticking to low impact/low intensity workouts...walking, yoga, Pilates, a leisurely bike ride, etc. We want to keep our bodies stress-free! However, if you're not up for taking it slower this week, then you may add some extra protein to your NutriBlast post-workout or if it's not time for your next Blast, then a protein/carb snack like some trail mix (nuts and dried fruit) would make a good post-workout snack.
NeuDeb wrote: Can I take the TBSP of apple cider vinegar by itself and get it over with? I had difficulty drinking the tea this morning even with the water and lemon.
That'll work fine too! Another option is to just drink some herbal tea without caffeine... It's up to you.
I will do that...Actually I did post on the NutriBullet FB page, is that the same?
My family has allergies to almonds. Suggestions for substitutions for almonds?
Had the tea this morning and a blast. Did not like the tea.
Summergem616 wrote: I will do that...Actually I did post on the NutriBullet FB page, is that the same?
Yes, that's it :) Thanks!
Ericws wrote: My family has allergies to almonds. Suggestions for substitutions for almonds?
Are you allergic to all nuts? If not, try walnuts... If so, then try seeds like pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia, or hemp seeds.
I just want to say thank you so much for putting this together - the forum and the cleanse and all of this! It's wonderful to start the year healthy and with others as excited about the Nutribullet as I am! Really enjoyed the first two smoothies - looking forward to number three in a few hours!
Would love to do the cleanse but cannot bring nutribullet to work and make the blasts. Just don't seem fresh enough when you make all 3 and bring them to work.
elisefox wrote: I just want to say thank you so much for putting this together - the forum and the cleanse and all of this! It's wonderful to start the year healthy and with others as excited about the Nutribullet as I am! Really enjoyed the first two smoothies - looking forward to number three in a few hours!
Music to my ears! I'm so glad you're enjoying it.
matlockmom wrote: Would love to do the cleanse but cannot bring nutribullet to work and make the blasts. Just don't seem fresh enough when you make all 3 and bring them to work.
How about doing the first one at home in the morning, then taking your second one and soup or clean meal to work, then Blasting the last Blast at home?
Ok. Day 1 down! Had a rough start with the tea and 1st blast but #2 and #3 were good. I prepared the butternut squash soup and broccoli soup...so far so good on those. For those at work, I actually prep'd a couple days worth of blasts in separate plastic baggies and brought them with me to work. Makes it easier to get them in and quickly blast them (less than 1 min). The bullet is pretty quiet compared to other blenders so with a little pre-warning, my coworkers nearby can bare 30 seconds of blending and everyone was intrigued by my colorful drinks throughout the day! Hopefully this is helpful :)
Day 1 done! Not going to lie Tea was rough(might try the ginger one tomorrow) and the 1st blast was a little thicker than I'm usually use to but other blasts and tomato soup were very good.
Day 1 completed. I am proud of my husband and myself for this is something completely new to us. We are excited and can't wait for tomorrow's juicing!! :-)
Great 1st day! So much energy and feeling great! Getting ready to prep for day 2.
Great 1st day! So much energy and feeling great! Getting ready to prep for day 2.
Cant wait for Day 2 to come!!
Don't do that! It will burn your throat. I added a bit of honey and not bad.
I'm making my fiancé to try one tomorrow on Day 2!
sweetato wrote: Day 1 completed. I am proud of my husband and myself for this is something completely new to us. We are excited and can't wait for tomorrow's juicing!! :-)
Way to go you two! Keep it up and keep us posted on your experience :)
I was just curious, my "smoothies" seem to be more of an applesauce consistency. Is this normal? I am putting water up to the max line, could my fruit/veg be larger than expected? I've also tried blasting longer, but it doesn't seem to improve the texture.
Lisa42 wrote: I was just curious, my "smoothies" seem to be more of an applesauce consistency. Is this normal? I am putting water up to the max line, could my fruit/veg be larger than expected? I've also tried blasting longer, but it doesn't seem to improve the texture.
They shouldn't be. Is anyone else experiencing this? It might be the produce. Try drinking a bit, adding some more liquid and blasting again.
For each of the daily meals, how much exactly is a serving - 1 measuring cup?
can I make all my NutriBlasts in the morning? I cannot bring the whole machine to work with me.
Some of my blasts have been thicker as well, I just assumed that it was maybe the size of my veggies. They do get more filling I think that way, but a bit harder to drink.
I started on 3rd myself and I am excited too!
I started on 3rd myself and I am excited too!
Sooo... Any desert bullet winners yet? :-)
I have been making all blasts in the morning but they tend to separate and have off flavor and texture. I wish I didn't have to do that.
Day two done :-). I have been so inspired by these two days that I cleaned out my fridge and finally put my Tupperware fridge smarts to good use.
Max line is a guideline. Consider the types fruits or veggies and experiment with the water levels. For the most part the max line is not how much liquid you to add but is limit to the total amount NOT exceed.
Finally used that bnut squash. Gonna see how day three goes.
cmquiroz wrote: Sooo... Any desert bullet winners yet? :-)
I did! :) The biggest surprise ever! I can't wait to try it! Good luck to everyone else! Day 3 is looking good tomorrow! (I quite like the addition of the frozen cherries!)
Day 3 and I'm feeling good. The morning blast is my fave so far. Still having a hard time sleeping. Maybe it has something to do with being or feeling hungry at bedtime. I'm nervous that once the cleanse ends I'll fall back into bad eating habits. :( Is there a recommended diet once the cleanse ends? I really want to commit to a healthier lifestye and the NutriBullet is making it very easy, so far. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Good Luck all!
HUMP DAY!!!!! Day three and I am feeling wonderful!!!! I am so looking forward to Day 4 because one of the Blasts incorporates MY FAVORITE....Cacao!!!!! I am enjoying my Blasts!!!!! How we doing Blasters????
So far I have really enjoyed all of the blasts. They are very filling!! That being said, I'm not hungry for the third one of the day... How crucial is it that I drink it anyway?
doria wrote: For each of the daily meals, how much exactly is a serving - 1 measuring cup?
This is a popular Q! Sorry we didn't specify in the printout... The soup and clean meal recipes vary and I intentionally didn't set serving sizes so that you all could eat enough to where you didn't feel hungry anymore. I'd say about 1-2 cups of soup or clean meal per serving would be filling! Pay attention to your hunger/fullness scale and eat til you are about 80% full :)
titavares wrote: can I make all my NutriBlasts in the morning? I cannot bring the whole machine to work with me.
You can do that - just be sure to keep it sealed tight, away from the light and keep it cold! Hopefully you have a fridge at work to store them in? Another option for the 2pm Blast is to eat your soup or clean meal at that time and then have your 3rd Blast in the evening when you're home.
msheppick wrote: So far I have really enjoyed all of the blasts. They are very filling!! That being said, I'm not hungry for the third one of the day... How crucial is it that I drink it anyway?
Don't force yourself to eat if you are not hungry! Maybe try to reduce the amount of ingredients and make 1/2 of the recipe in a small cup? If you want, you can spread out the other two and skip it, however, if you're low on energy or feeling hungry, then add it back in. Note that some are higher in calories than others so some may be more filling than the rest - plan according to your hunger/fullness level. You're body is your best scale!
NeuDeb wrote: Day 3 and I'm feeling good. The morning blast is my fave so far. Still having a hard time sleeping. Maybe it has something to do with being or feeling hungry at bedtime. I'm nervous that once the cleanse ends I'll fall back into bad eating habits. :( Is there a recommended diet once the cleanse ends? I really want to commit to a healthier lifestye and the NutriBullet is making it very easy, so far. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Good Luck all!
You're slightly ahead of me! Look at tomorrow's forum post for some tips on how to transition out of the cleanse, into a healthy diet, and not resort to your old unhealthy habits! For trouble sleeping try some lavender or chamomile tea about an hour before bed - this may help tame some of your hunger issues as well.
sweetato wrote: Day two done :-). I have been so inspired by these two days that I cleaned out my fridge and finally put my Tupperware fridge smarts to good use.
Awesome! One good habit leads to another :) You're doing great...
Jlamonda wrote: I have been making all blasts in the morning but they tend to separate and have off flavor and texture. I wish I didn't have to do that.
Make sure they are sealed tight, away from the light, and are kept cold! You may wish to switch the soup/clean meal with the third Blast so it doesn't sit so long. If you have the option - pack the cup w/ the ingredients and then Blast just before consuming...the unit is pretty small, it's easy to take w/ you to the office!
cmquiroz wrote: Sooo... Any desert bullet winners yet? :-)
We've had two lucky winners so far! Be sure to comment below that particular day's post in order to be considered (so today, post your comment under the Day 3 thread!). We choose the winner of the day the following morning to give time for late posters to enter. Good luck :)
Day 3 almost complete:).. I am having the butternut squash soup tonight but is there enough protein in there?
The ones with parsley seem to end up with the texture of applesauce as well. No worries, I use a spoon! Makes it last longer...
Day 3 and I'm eating the kale/quinoa/sweet potato recipe. It's awesome. And my husband liked it too! (although he was concerned about the serving size). Have also made the tomato soup and enjoyed that as well. Great recipes!! Loving the numbers on the scale as well. This was a great idea! So glad my husband bought me the nutria bullet for Christmas.
Day 3! Feeling good. Had an headache since yesterday afternoon, but that's gone now. Drinking a lot of water. Liked the kale-cabbage slaw. Having the tomato soup tonight! I liked the numbers on the scale this morning!
Day 3! Feeling good. Had an headache since yesterday afternoon, but that's gone now. Drinking a lot of water. Liked the kale-cabbage slaw. Having the tomato soup tonight! I liked the numbers on the scale this morning!
I did switch the meal to mid day so I only had to bring one blast to work and that one had AVACODO and almond milk so it stayed mixed well. I loved all 3 blasts today. I too saw 4 # gone. Yeah! Did yoga after work followed by the last blast. Feeling fantastic!
Lisab413 wrote: Day 3 almost complete:).. I am having the butternut squash soup tonight but is there enough protein in there?
We try to keep the protein on the low end to give the digestive system and kidneys some time to rest and focus on ridding out the toxins, however if doing a cleanse for longer than 5 days, we'd add in more protein to ensure lean muscle is not lost. If you'd like to add in some additional protein, then hemp seeds or some nuts blend nicely into the recipe!
Tomorrow is the last day of the cleanse. What I am wondering is what are my next steps for eating healthy?
My "smoothies" are also of an applesauce consistency! I always add two good handfuls of spinach and some fruit and seeds water to the max line! But I don't mind it, very tasty! Healthy as well!
I'm a couple of days behind this plan as I couldn't get out to buy ingredients - however I've found that I can't get raw beetroot in any of my local supermarkets (in the UK) any ideas for alternatives?
Jlamonda wrote: Tomorrow is the last day of the cleanse. What I am wondering is what are my next steps for eating healthy?
I've got all that information in my Day 4 Post ;) http://www.nutriliving.com/forums/topics/day-4-january-9th-transitioning-healthy-diet-post-cleanse
clumsyhaze wrote: I'm a couple of days behind this plan as I couldn't get out to buy ingredients - however I've found that I can't get raw beetroot in any of my local supermarkets (in the UK) any ideas for alternatives?
While there are no exact replacements for beets, try adding in some carrots, cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower), grapefruit (if not taking any medications), green tea, and some turmeric spice. These all have some liver cleansing properties. In addition, milk thistle seed is a great herbal supplement for liver detox.
At our local wholesale club, I found an organic mix of fresh baby kale, baby spinach and baby swiss chard. It is ok to use this mix in the 5 day detox blasts that call for just spinach or just kale?
I finished Day 5 on Friday - and since then have been so itchy - I know this is a common effect of detoxing - anyone have a relief remedy?
I finished Day 5 on Friday - and since then have been so itchy - I know this is a common effect of detoxing - anyone have a relief remedy?
I have been off the cleanse for 2 days now and I feel terrible. Pain around my liver. Burping a lot, shakes feeling and sluggish. I ate small meals with turkey Saturday and chicken Sunday. Is it the meat?
Kim S wrote: At our local wholesale club, I found an organic mix of fresh baby kale, baby spinach and baby swiss chard. It is ok to use this mix in the 5 day detox blasts that call for just spinach or just kale?
Absolutely!
Jlamonda wrote: I have been off the cleanse for 2 days now and I feel terrible. Pain around my liver. Burping a lot, shakes feeling and sluggish. I ate small meals with turkey Saturday and chicken Sunday. Is it the meat?
It's hard to tell exactly what it might be. However, it is best when you are following such a clean diet to transition slowly and reincorporate the foods that were eliminated one at a time. Day 4 included some tips on how to make the transition a bit easier. http://www.nutriliving.com/forums/topics/day-4-january-9th-transitioning-healthy-diet-post-cleanse Hopefully this will subside. Please keep us posted. If it gets worse, you may wish to check in with your Dr. You should not be feeling any pain post cleanse.
Kim S wrote: At our local wholesale club, I found an organic mix of fresh baby kale, baby spinach and baby swiss chard. It is ok to use this mix in the 5 day detox blasts that call for just spinach or just kale?
Yup!
Lynnloveslife wrote: I finished Day 5 on Friday - and since then have been so itchy - I know this is a common effect of detoxing - anyone have a relief remedy?
It may be best to take an oatmeal bath, use natural lotions and eliminate any body care products with chemicals or non-natural ingredients. I would also suggest to drink a lot of water as this can help flush out any toxins that may be giving your body an itchy reaction.
I am going to do the 5 day cleanse again. I loved it. I have been off of it for 4 days and my BP has gone back up. Now I have to take meds again. Only 5mg vs. 10, but still...Do you have any long term recipes after I complete the cleanse? I know I cant do a liquid fast forever but I want to at least make a part of daily food intake.
Starting my cleanse Friday!! My body so needs this! :)
Hi, I'm new to the site. I just saw this 5 day cleanse. I would like to start as well. I have a couple of questions, I want to make sure I'm doing it right. My 1st question is from the shopping list, do we make our own or is that what suppose to go in our nutri shake meaning all of the ingredient go into the nutri bullet as listed on the shopping list? 2nd question is if we are allergic to a type of nut (almond) what do we substitute it with, can it be any other type? Thank you for taking the the time out to help me understand because as you said 2014 here we come living healthy.
Summergem616 wrote: I am going to do the 5 day cleanse again. I loved it. I have been off of it for 4 days and my BP has gone back up. Now I have to take meds again. Only 5mg vs. 10, but still...Do you have any long term recipes after I complete the cleanse? I know I cant do a liquid fast forever but I want to at least make a part of daily food intake.
I would suggest the 6 week transformation plan that comes with your NutriBullet. It is also outlined in the Natural Healing Foods Book that you can purchase online. http://www.nutriliving.com/store/product/natural-healing-foods-book
3jbgodette14 wrote: Hi, I'm new to the site. I just saw this 5 day cleanse. I would like to start as well. I have a couple of questions, I want to make sure I'm doing it right. My 1st question is from the shopping list, do we make our own or is that what suppose to go in our nutri shake meaning all of the ingredient go into the nutri bullet as listed on the shopping list? 2nd question is if we are allergic to a type of nut (almond) what do we substitute it with, can it be any other type? Thank you for taking the the time out to help me understand because as you said 2014 here we come living healthy.
The shopping list will provide you with all the ingredients you need for the entire 5 day cleanse, so in order to follow the cleanse plan, you need to purchase the outlined foods. If you are allergic to almonds you can try using unsweetened hemp milk or hemp seeds in place of almonds. You can also use flax milk and flax seeds.
I just found this detox as well, looking forward to seeing what it can do for me! Would really like to lose 10, preferably 20lbs! We shall see.... off to the grocery store for me.... I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks!!
I will be starting my 5 day cleanse on Saturday! Ready to be cleanse
I am just getting started. I have my list and heading to the grocery store this morning. I have never cleansed before but I know this is a great starting point.
Hello I'm starting it with my mom she's 70 yrs old . We're newbies on this we just got our Nutribullet and it's amazing how we're feelling specially my mom so:-) we're starting today the cleaning program hope we can make it 'till the end
jmnz5 wrote: Hello I'm starting it with my mom she's 70 yrs old . We're newbies on this we just got our Nutribullet and it's amazing how we're feelling specially my mom so:-) we're starting today the cleaning program hope we can make it 'till the end
Good Luck! Let us know how it goes :)
Thanks! I haven't started yet, but will soon. Let me know how it works. :)
Today was a hard day I wanted to eat something but my mom was the hero of the day she sticked to the plan and supported me all day :) Let's see how tomorrow goes, and even tho is been hard for me I'm feeling great :) thanks for sheering us Krista Haynes !!
jmnz5 wrote: Today was a hard day I wanted to eat something but my mom was the hero of the day she sticked to the plan and supported me all day :) Let's see how tomorrow goes, and even tho is been hard for me I'm feeling great :) thanks for sheering us Krista Haynes !!
Way to hang in there! :)
3rd day almost done, today was better than yesterday . 3rd day so far is my favorite, managed better my anxiety to eat , 4rd day wait for me :)
4rd day done, can't believe it just one more day to hung in there :)
jmnz5 wrote: 4rd day done, can't believe it just one more day to hung in there :)
Woohoo! How are you feeling?
Yaaay! We made it! Don't know yet how many pounds my mom and I lost but we're feelling great and the best thing I fit in my old jeans, finally! Thanks for the effort all of you put on us to be in shape and specially in good health... really appreciate it :)
Hello there. I'm new to the site and to nutribullet. I want to do the cleanse but I have some questions. When it says to soak nuts overnight, what are you soaking them in? Water? Also sometimes items listed state (peeled) but other times don't i.e. oranges. Are they always peeled or only when stated? Lastly, is there anything that can be substituted for ginger? Any help is appreciated! Thank you! Angel
Hello there. I'm new to the site and to nutribullet. I want to do the cleanse but I have some questions. When it says to soak nuts overnight, what are you soaking them in? Water? Also sometimes items listed state (peeled) but other times don't i.e. oranges. Are they always peeled or only when stated? Lastly, is there anything that can be substituted for ginger? Any help is appreciated! Thank you! Angel
Oops! Sorry for the repeated post.
Hi, I plan on starting this detox after the weekend, are these all made in the larger cups or the smaller ones. Thanks, can't wait to test myself with this detox :)
I used the bigger cup for the kale and spinach blast, but I think it depends on how much you plan to make.
goose4474 wrote: Hello there. I'm new to the site and to nutribullet. I want to do the cleanse but I have some questions. When it says to soak nuts overnight, what are you soaking them in? Water? Also sometimes items listed state (peeled) but other times don't i.e. oranges. Are they always peeled or only when stated? Lastly, is there anything that can be substituted for ginger? Any help is appreciated! Thank you! Angel
Yes, nuts are soaked overnight in water, I like to put them in the fridge and keep them covered while they soak. Here is handy prep chart for ingredients: http://nutribulletblog.com/faq/peelingde-seeding/ And you can use turmeric in place of ginger, they even look very similar when purchased in the raw form.
NikaylaHogg wrote: Hi, I plan on starting this detox after the weekend, are these all made in the larger cups or the smaller ones. Thanks, can't wait to test myself with this detox :)
They are made in the tall cup (the larger cup).
Hi! I am planning on startingHi! I am planning on starting the cleanse tomorrow morning. I just got my nutribullet last week and love it! I have used it every morning. Before I get started I have a few questions... I could not find beet root at the store today. I did buy a can of no salt added sliced beets. I do not know if this is a valid substitute or if there is something else I can substitute for it? Also, is okay to substitute mango/peaches for pineapple? I am allergic. And lastly, broccoli tends to not sit well with me so I was wondering if I could just add more spinach or kale for when broccoli is called for? Thanks for everything, I'm really excited to start!! Been having some digestive issues for about 9 months now and hope this can help!
Hello!, i started the cleanse diet today, but is it ok if i do exercise while doing this diet?
KMCGUIRE915 wrote: Hi! I am planning on starting the cleanse tomorrow morning. I just got my nutribullet last week and love it! I have used it every morning. Before I get started I have a few questions... I could not find beet root at the store today. I did buy a can of no salt added sliced beets. I do not know if this is a valid substitute or if there is something else I can substitute for it? Also, is okay to substitute mango/peaches for pineapple? I am allergic. And lastly, broccoli tends to not sit well with me so I was wondering if I could just add more spinach or kale for when broccoli is called for? Thanks for everything, I'm really excited to start!! Been having some digestive issues for about 9 months now and hope this can help!
How exciting! Hope you enjoy it. To answer your Qs...as long as the canned beets do not have any added sugar (natural sugar from the beet is ok) then that's fine to use. And yes, mango or peaches are a good sub for the pineapple. Also, any greens you'd like to sub in for broccoli is fine...you could even do cauliflower if that works for you - or Brussels sprouts, more leafy greens, etc.
Merhidalgo wrote: Hello!, i started the cleanse diet today, but is it ok if i do exercise while doing this diet?
Here is my recommendation from the Day 2 Post: Exercise (with) Caution The cleansing process uses a large amount of energy and your body will be running on less fuel than it is accustomed to, so we recommend limiting intense exercise this week. Save the spinning, running, CrossFit, and P90X workouts for another time, and opt instead for light activity like walking, leisurely bike rides, gentle yoga, and possibly Pilates. Be sure to stop any activity if you begin to feel fatigued or lightheaded. http://www.nutriliving.com/forums/topics/day-2-tuesday-january-7thtips-keep-you-chugging-along
I am new to this Nutribullet. If I do a cleanse do I have to worry about kidney infections/pain, stomach problems, etc? When we first started using our NB, my hubby had stomach problems, and then I had kidney pain, but not sure if we were overusing the NB and were detoxing or if it was some sort of virus. Will it hurt to do a cleanse on the meds that I am on for cholestrol and depression?
kimmygirl1996 wrote: I am new to this Nutribullet. If I do a cleanse do I have to worry about kidney infections/pain, stomach problems, etc? When we first started using our NB, my hubby had stomach problems, and then I had kidney pain, but not sure if we were overusing the NB and were detoxing or if it was some sort of virus. Will it hurt to do a cleanse on the meds that I am on for cholestrol and depression?
That is something I would check with your doctor about. With so many different medications, it is hard to give a general recommendation about side effects and interactions.
Is it ok to substitute Soy milk for Almond milk? What is the nutritional benefit to using one over the other?
Silva family wrote: Is it ok to substitute Soy milk for Almond milk? What is the nutritional benefit to using one over the other?
Soymilk would be similar, however contains more protein than almond milk. Be sure to get organic since most soybeans are genetically modified. Also note that soy is not recommended for those with low thyroid. Here are four other dairy alternatives to consider! http://www.nutriliving.com/blog/4-best-alternatives-dairy You may find this interesting too... http://www.nutriliving.com/blog/4-most-controversial-foods
I am excited - Dr. said he doesn't see why I can't do this cleanse with the meds I am on. Are we supposed to follow this diet as written with nothing else added (no meat, no desserts, no sugar free pudding, jello or anything like that). Just wondering, I am a snack freak at night when everyone goes to bed, usually have hummus and wheat thins or baked wheat thins or Sugar Free Chocolate pudding with Fat Free whipped topping or something. I want to do this right. Thanks for your suggestions and help!!!!
kimmygirl1996 wrote: I am excited - Dr. said he doesn't see why I can't do this cleanse with the meds I am on. Are we supposed to follow this diet as written with nothing else added (no meat, no desserts, no sugar free pudding, jello or anything like that). Just wondering, I am a snack freak at night when everyone goes to bed, usually have hummus and wheat thins or baked wheat thins or Sugar Free Chocolate pudding with Fat Free whipped topping or something. I want to do this right. Thanks for your suggestions and help!!!!
Stick to the plan!! This menu/cleanse is free of gluten, added sugars, dairy, caffeine, meat, and artificial sugars and processed foods. If you need a snack - some hummus w/ carrots or celery or some fruit would be acceptable.
I will Star Monday with the 5 Day!! just got my nutribullet!! SO Excited :))
I am excited to do this cleanse and start fresh with health. How much weight has anyone/everyone lost on this? I have read that once you cleanse your liver, weight loss is easier and it comes off quicker. Does this cleanse help with cleansing all organs? I once lost over 70 lbs in less than 5 months using Prism but it was so restrictive and everyone I know has gained more back than their original loss if they ever ate "normally" again. It required that you calorie count and maintain at least 1,000 per day. This cleanse doesn't seem like it has 1,000 per day since raw fruits and veggies are very low in cal count. Is that why it is only for 5 days? Sorry I am so full of questions, I am new to eating this healthy but like what I have found so far using my bullet.
kimmygirl1996 wrote: I am excited to do this cleanse and start fresh with health. How much weight has anyone/everyone lost on this? I have read that once you cleanse your liver, weight loss is easier and it comes off quicker. Does this cleanse help with cleansing all organs? I once lost over 70 lbs in less than 5 months using Prism but it was so restrictive and everyone I know has gained more back than their original loss if they ever ate "normally" again. It required that you calorie count and maintain at least 1,000 per day. This cleanse doesn't seem like it has 1,000 per day since raw fruits and veggies are very low in cal count. Is that why it is only for 5 days? Sorry I am so full of questions, I am new to eating this healthy but like what I have found so far using my bullet.
Calories from Blasts alone are around 915, then when you add on your meal, it will reach about 1200 per day. However, this cleanse is not geared toward weight loss, but about resetting your taste buds, helping balance hormones, and remove any incoming and built up toxins in order to optimize your body's normal functions! Once all of this is done, then yes - weight loss may be a bit easier!! However, you'll need to stick w/ the key ideas (basically eating fresh whole foods) for more than 5 days in order to see a significant reduction in weight.
Any meds you have to take you should take as long as any part of this conditioning doesn't interact with your diet it should be fine. As far as the diet it includes the soup as an option but otherwise yes you follow it as is. NO SUGARS, FATS, or Salts not included. The point of the cleanse is to recondition your organs to use good nutrients more efficiently.
I was also wondering what follows the 7-day cleanse. Can I suggest adding this to a Sticky at the top of the forum, as well as to a FAQ? That's a pretty basic question. And since the forum doesn't include basic functionality like a search box, we need quick access to common questions like that. I saw on another post that the 6-week transformation is recommended. Any other suggestions? And what do we do about Week 7 through the rest of our lives?
ap0110 wrote: I was also wondering what follows the 7-day cleanse. Can I suggest adding this to a Sticky at the top of the forum, as well as to a FAQ? That's a pretty basic question. And since the forum doesn't include basic functionality like a search box, we need quick access to common questions like that. I saw on another post that the 6-week transformation is recommended. Any other suggestions? And what do we do about Week 7 through the rest of our lives?
We have posted how to transition from the cleanse both here: http://www.nutriliving.com/forums/topics/day-4-january-9th-transitioning-healthy-diet-post-cleanse And the same thing here: http://www.nutriliving.com/blog/cleansing-transitioning-healthier-diet
WOW - day 1 is over and I have had a massive headache all day. Probably because I am a junk food junkie and I drink coffee and diet soda. I drank my Apple Cider/Lemon Tea, 3 Blasts and had the Green Godess Gumbo with Brown Rice for dinner. Didn't even have my usual gum or breath mints (not sure they are sugar free or not). Drank nothing but water. I usually add flavoring to my water, but did nothing but ice water. Hopefully tomorrow the headache won't be as severe.
kimmygirl1996 wrote: WOW - day 1 is over and I have had a massive headache all day. Probably because I am a junk food junkie and I drink coffee and diet soda. I drank my Apple Cider/Lemon Tea, 3 Blasts and had the Green Godess Gumbo with Brown Rice for dinner. Didn't even have my usual gum or breath mints (not sure they are sugar free or not). Drank nothing but water. I usually add flavoring to my water, but did nothing but ice water. Hopefully tomorrow the headache won't be as severe.
It should go away!! Hang in there :)
Hello, I just found this cleanse! It looks great! Relatively new with nutribullet - just a couple of months and both my husband and I love it. In fact, my husband just came home a short while ago and has not even looked at it but when I briefly shared this cleanse with him, he smiled and said: "Good, let's get started on it!" :-) Questions: 1) What about vitamin B12 and iodine (for the thyroid)? Is it alright to add some organic kelp flakes to the blasts? 2) Is the quantity of greens included in this 5 day cleanse safe for those with potential hypothyroidism? 3) I noticed approximately 3-3/12 servings of fruit on Day 1. Is this quantity too much per day for someone with potential sugar issues? 4) What is a good substitute for tomato (although I love tomato soup) since according to Dr. Peter D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet, tomatoes are not good for B types. Also, what would be a good substitute for oranges? Unfortunately, we don't yet have any medical insurance (even though we have already applied) and cannot afford doctor visits right now. It's also hard to find functional medicine doctors who accept insurance. Looking forward to getting a "jump start." We are basically vegetarian/plant based eating at home - I only eat organic eggs and organic yogurt for the protein and Vitamin B12 - my husband will sometimes have fish or turkey outside. We do incorporate hemp and flax seeds, nuts and legumes/lentils and fresh vegetables. Thank you so very much.
pearlsofwisdom wrote: Hello, I just found this cleanse! It looks great! Relatively new with nutribullet - just a couple of months and both my husband and I love it. In fact, my husband just came home a short while ago and has not even looked at it but when I briefly shared this cleanse with him, he smiled and said: "Good, let's get started on it!" :-) Questions: 1) What about vitamin B12 and iodine (for the thyroid)? Is it alright to add some organic kelp flakes to the blasts? 2) Is the quantity of greens included in this 5 day cleanse safe for those with potential hypothyroidism? 3) I noticed approximately 3-3/12 servings of fruit on Day 1. Is this quantity too much per day for someone with potential sugar issues? 4) What is a good substitute for tomato (although I love tomato soup) since according to Dr. Peter D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet, tomatoes are not good for B types. Also, what would be a good substitute for oranges? Unfortunately, we don't yet have any medical insurance (even though we have already applied) and cannot afford doctor visits right now. It's also hard to find functional medicine doctors who accept insurance. Looking forward to getting a "jump start." We are basically vegetarian/plant based eating at home - I only eat organic eggs and organic yogurt for the protein and Vitamin B12 - my husband will sometimes have fish or turkey outside. We do incorporate hemp and flax seeds, nuts and legumes/lentils and fresh vegetables. Thank you so very much.
Wow...let's see how I can help w/ these questions :) First, note that I cannot give personal nutritional advice for you based on your conditions through this medium and without knowing your full health history so these answers are general suggestions that should be discussed w/ your health professional (however I understand that is not an option for you at this point)...so please do a bit more research if you are unsure. I'm very excited to hear that your husband is on board too. It's great to a Blast buddy!! 1) Since the cleanse is only 5 days long, food sources of B12 can be avoided without any chance of deficiency and a supplement isn't necessary, however it is fine to continue them if you'd like. And if vegan, be sure to take them or B12 fortified foods again post cleanse if you decide to forgo them during the cleanse. If iodine supplements or B12 for that matter have been prescribed to you by a Dr., then continue to take them. 2) Yes, kelp flakes are fine and actually very healthy to add to your Blasts! 3) The amount of greens should be fine, however if you'd like you can always used cooked greens to reduce the goitrogens or you can use the less "goitrogenic" greens. If you haven't read our Blasting for Thyroid Health article you may want to check it out for more details. 4) The fiber should help minimize the blood sugar spikes, however feel free to sub out one or two of the fruits with a veggie! 5) I'd suggest just making one of the other soups besides the tomato recipe. 6) Sub any of your favorite fruits for oranges - pineapple and mango are good options. Good luck and have fun :) 4)
I was needing some real food after 3 blasts the first day (was gagging some of them down but doing it all the same). I made the gumbo and it makes ALOT, I have eaten it 2 days, I would suggest adding a tiny bit less oregano - but it is great if you like spicy. My kids and hubby think it is too spicy but I like it. Gonna try something else tonight. Haven't decided what yet.
I was needing some real food after 3 blasts the first day (was gagging some of them down but doing it all the same). I made the gumbo and it makes ALOT, I have eaten it 2 days, I would suggest adding a tiny bit less oregano - but it is great if you like spicy. My kids and hubby think it is too spicy but I like it. Gonna try something else tonight. Haven't decided what yet.
Day 2 was hard!!! Bad headache again but when Ibuprofen didn't work, I had 1/2 cup of coffee and a little bit of creamer, it helped. As of this a.m. I am down 4 lbs since Monday. I am happy with that. I am getting healthier even though I am tired of the blasts. When this is over, I will eat healthier but I won't do 3 blasts a day for sure. I am finding that ginger is not my favorite either, even the tiniest bit over powers my drink. I am doing it because I want to jump start and I am sticking to it.
kimmygirl1996 wrote: Day 2 was hard!!! Bad headache again but when Ibuprofen didn't work, I had 1/2 cup of coffee and a little bit of creamer, it helped. As of this a.m. I am down 4 lbs since Monday. I am happy with that. I am getting healthier even though I am tired of the blasts. When this is over, I will eat healthier but I won't do 3 blasts a day for sure. I am finding that ginger is not my favorite either, even the tiniest bit over powers my drink. I am doing it because I want to jump start and I am sticking to it.
Oh my :( Are you a regular coffee drinker? The headache was probably from a caffeine withdrawal. As part of the cleanse, caffeine, dairy, and non-prescription medications should be avoided... the withdrawal is just something you have to fight through! Drinking some warm water with lemon may provide some relief next time.
Well I just got the NutriBullet for my birthday and am anxious to get started but I do have a few allergies and would like to see what the best substitutes would be for any citrus fruit, apples, bananas and avocados? I understand correctly as well that the giveaways were only for that first week of January?? Thanks
mathergirl wrote: Well I just got the NutriBullet for my birthday and am anxious to get started but I do have a few allergies and would like to see what the best substitutes would be for any citrus fruit, apples, bananas and avocados? I understand correctly as well that the giveaways were only for that first week of January?? Thanks
Yes, the Dessert Bullets were for those who participated during the launch of the Cleanse. Feel free to make any substitutions necessary. How do these sound? For citrus, sub in pineapple or berries... For apples, maybe try pear or strawberries or even move over to a starchy veggie like carrots For bananas, other potassium-rich fruits include beets, cooked sweet potato, papaya or cantaloupe. If you're just looking for something to thicken up your Blast with a creamy consistency, try old fashioned rolled oats, chia seeds, some frozen mango, and/or unsweetened almond milk.
What can you suggest to use as a substitute for lemon water in the morning? I have interstitial cystitis and I am worried about the lemon causing a flare. Thanks for your help.
minnesotagirl wrote: What can you suggest to use as a substitute for lemon water in the morning? I have interstitial cystitis and I am worried about the lemon causing a flare. Thanks for your help.
If lemon and apple cider vinegar won't work, then I suggest adding in some raw cucumber and maybe a sprig of ground up fresh mint!
Is Coffee Allowed on this cleanse?
matlockmom wrote: Is Coffee Allowed on this cleanse?
No it is not! Try some alternatives to your morning or afternoon jolt. Here are two to try: http://www.nutriliving.com/recipes/coffee-replacement-nutriblast And... 1 tsp coconut oil (cold-pressed, organic, virgin) 1 tsp raw honey 1 Tbsp Superfood Superboost (or raw cacao) 6 oz warm water Blast together and heat further if desired, then enjoy!
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in Day 2 and honestly I have a slight headache but pressing through here at work. I didn't realize that I could add other blast or food to the cleanse. I didn't have anything else on Day 1 or so far Day 2 since I started. So I suppose there are no other snacks that we can add to our daily intake like nuts, or a salad.
matlockmom wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in Day 2 and honestly I have a slight headache but pressing through here at work. I didn't realize that I could add other blast or food to the cleanse. I didn't have anything else on Day 1 or so far Day 2 since I started. So I suppose there are no other snacks that we can add to our daily intake like nuts, or a salad.
Only add them if you feel the need to, otherwise, stick to the plan. You'll just want to be sure to avoid meats, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, added processed sugars, and gluten! Nuts and a simple salads would be just fine if you needed a snack or for your meal.
Recently bought a Nutribullet and can't am excited to begin the cleanse- just one question. How many ounces are the smoothies?
GladysC82 wrote: Recently bought a Nutribullet and can't am excited to begin the cleanse- just one question. How many ounces are the smoothies?
The recipes are all for the tall cup unless otherwise noted so they'd be about 24 ounces each.
I've decided to do this cleanse, but I'm a little nervous. I am a stress eater, boredom eater, etc...basically, I love to eat. I really hope I can do this without failing. I don't have a huge support system, so I'll be on my own trying to behave. The blasts all sound yummy, so here's hoping :)
Hi Kim, Best of luck! YouHi Kim, Best of luck! You can use this site to get support. Happy Blasting!
Ok, I have a question. If I am doing the 5 day cleanse and am choosing to only do the blasts & not "food", what do I do for the 6 pm time frame? Is there a specific blast I should be doing for dinner?
kim.engstrom wrote: Ok, I have a question. If I am doing the 5 day cleanse and am choosing to only do the blasts & not "food", what do I do for the 6 pm time frame? Is there a specific blast I should be doing for dinner?
You could do the soup, that is the closest to a Blast or you could do your favorite Blast recipe from the cleanse if you want to repeat a Blast recipe.
I see a lot of the recipes call for avocado or almonds/almond milk - I am allergic to both - any other suggestions? thinking about trying the cleanse next week and just want to get as much knowledge as I possibly can thanks Mariann
Mariann4567 wrote: I see a lot of the recipes call for avocado or almonds/almond milk - I am allergic to both - any other suggestions? thinking about trying the cleanse next week and just want to get as much knowledge as I possibly can thanks Mariann
You could use coconut oil in place of avocados and flax milk, hemp milk or oat milk in place of almond milk.
I just got my Nutri bullet and I have some food allergies that I was wondering if you could give me substitutes for: Strawberries, tomatoes, walnuts. Thank you!
knjsmom99 wrote: I just got my Nutri bullet and I have some food allergies that I was wondering if you could give me substitutes for: Strawberries, tomatoes, walnuts. Thank you!
Any other berry such as blueberries, raspberries are good subs for strawberries. For tomato, watermelon is also rich in lycopene or you could do a red bell pepper. For walnuts, try almonds, cashews, or 1-2 Brazil nuts or you could toss in some pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds for the Omega 3s!
I just found this cleanse and I'm so excited b/c my husband and I plan to do it starting this weekend. I am really, really nervous about the "no coffee" rule, however b/c I have a serious addiction to coffee and literally start my day with 2-3 large mugs of it. I get severe migraines if I don't have my coffee, even if I try to slowly withdraw. I've tried substituting things like tea or even decaf coffee but nothing has worked. I would love to not be so dependent on it but I can't afford to be non-functioning during the withdrawal process as I have 2 young kids and am a stay-at-home-mom. Any suggestions on what to do about this would be SO super appreciated. TIA!
Brashley wrote: I just found this cleanse and I'm so excited b/c my husband and I plan to do it starting this weekend. I am really, really nervous about the "no coffee" rule, however b/c I have a serious addiction to coffee and literally start my day with 2-3 large mugs of it. I get severe migraines if I don't have my coffee, even if I try to slowly withdraw. I've tried substituting things like tea or even decaf coffee but nothing has worked. I would love to not be so dependent on it but I can't afford to be non-functioning during the withdrawal process as I have 2 young kids and am a stay-at-home-mom. Any suggestions on what to do about this would be SO super appreciated. TIA!
I would suggest hydrating first thing in the morning. Drink 24-32 ounces of water before you eat breakfast. This can help ensure you are hydrated which can lead to headaches. Also using a smoothie in place of coffee can give you that energy boost you are looking for. As you start you may want slowly wean off the coffee. Start with only 2 mugs instead of 3 and work your way down from there. You can also use green tea as you start to let go of the coffee addiction. Just know that your body doesn't need it and it may take a couple days of discomfort to get it out of your system, but you will feel better overall after you cut your dependency.
Is it okay to prepare the 7am Blast for tomorrow from tonight?
JanetteRobinson wrote: Is it okay to prepare the 7am Blast for tomorrow from tonight?
Check out our FAQ#12 here: http://nutribulletblog.com/faq/ My suggestion would be to put all the ingredients (minus the liquid) in a sealed tall cup and then just Blast in the morning!
Hi; I just bought the nutribullet , but my main purpose of buying it is to gain some weight. How can you help me to gain some pounds in a healthy way. Thanks
barrish wrote: Hi; I just bought the nutribullet , but my main purpose of buying it is to gain some weight. How can you help me to gain some pounds in a healthy way. Thanks
Here is an article that may be able to answer some questions: http://www.nutriliving.com/blog/trouble-gaining-weight-4-tips-help
None of the links are working for me.
Hi I just got my Nutri Bullet an I would like to do the 5 day cleanse . I clicked on the grocery list link but it did not come up, is there another way that I can get the list . I have been following the detox recipt that came with it for 5 days but nothing is happening.
were can I get this NutriLiving cleanse I've tried to get it can't have access anywhere
I'm ready for this 5 day cleanse challenge.