Based on that figure I would subtract a percentage of calories per day based on the chart below but never eat less than 1200 calories. The higher your body fat percentage the more calories you could cut per day with out causing much muscle loss. Even better however, you could use this info to fine tune your caloric deficit using a percentage method and also base your deficit on your starting body fat percentage, to get a much more personalized and effective approach: see table below.
The calorie figure you get from my website calculator is what we will call your maintenance calories. Usually, we would suggest starting with a conservative deficit of around 15-20% below maintenance. You can go as high as a 30% reduction in calories just make sure you are meeting your nutritional needs. With this high of a calorie reduction you may need a very high quality supplement.
These are my guidelines for sustained weight loss. If you exercise and eat the right number of calories per day you can lose the weight. .
1) Exercise a minimum of 1 hour per day 5 days per week ( start slow and work up to that amount) exercise is good for arthritis. I had severe arthritis in my knees from being so heavy, not any more!
2) Eat 500 calories per day less than you currently need. (gives you a 1 pound a week weight loss).
3) Drink 1/2 your body's weight in ounces of water daily.
4) Never consume less than 1200 calories per day, ever!
5) Your diet should have a wide variety of colorful vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans and limited grains.
6) Keep a food journal so you know how many calories per day you are consuming. I like www.fatsecret.com
7)) Use the NB at least 2x per day.
A few key points to remember that may help you.
1) Weight loss is all about calories eaten and calories burned over 24 hours.
2) Your activity (exercise) level effects the number of calories you burn everyday.
3) The foods you eat can effect your metabolism by speeding it up or slowing it down.
4) You must consume a minimum of 1200 calories per day to keep your metabolism from stalling.
5) 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories
6) Everyone should know how many calories they need per day for their desired weight. You can use the calorie counter on my website to figure how many calories you need per day at your current weight. http://www.viveforlife.com/nutrition-2/bmi/
(takes a few seconds to load)
7) If you eat 500 calories less per day than you burn you will loss 1 pound per week.
8) Water is very important for weight loss and our overall health.
I hope this helps.
Wally Bishop C.N.C.
Truckergrandma, your should also be proud of your weight loss too! According to these numbers you have lost 27 pounds. Thats a very positive weight loss. Just keep blasting, eating heathy and moving more.
It is important to weigh in the same way each time. The best time to weigh yourself is when you wake up after you have used the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. This is your most accurate weight. I also would not weigh more than every other week. Your weight can fluctuate several pounds daily depending on many factors.
Unfortunately, weight loss can be slower for you ladies because you have less muscle mass and your body needs more fat for hormonal needs.
You also need to exercise. I know being a cross country drive is a sitting job but every time you stop for a break or gas you need to walk for 10 to 15 minutes.
Also make sure you are getting enough calories and water.
When we change the way we eat and live it takes our bodies a little while to get adjusted. Many times when people start NutriBlasting they add those calories to their daily plan instead of using it to replace another snack or meal. The added calories can add weight. The foods you are using may be stimulating hunger. Fruits and some grains can do this. However, chia seeds, flax seeds, rice bran and oats help curb hunger. When using avocados, coconut, nuts and seeds understand they are calorie dense and although very healthy if not monitored can cause weight gain.
Many things may be causing your weight lose to be stubborn. You may be consuming to much simple sugar (effects hormones), not eating enough calories (stalls metabolism), not eating enough healthy fats (effects hormones), not drinking enough water, not exercising enough to boost your metabolism. You will not lose much weight if any, without exercise. I really need a lot more info from you to really help you. But lets give this info a shot first.
First you really need to know how many calories you should eat per day for your current weight. You can use this calculator for that. It takes a few seconds to load on the page.