New to Site/Question

848 Views 11 replies
Tom V.
Joined: 2/12/2014

Hi, my name is Tom and I am very new to the site and just starting using the Nutri Bullet in the last week.  Like a lot of other folks I am on a weight loss journey but more importantly on a healthier lifestyle quest.  With that being said, I have been thoroughly enjoying the Nutri Blasts this past week and have even seen some weight loss, which I am thrilled about!!!!  Here is my question.  Has anyone experienced any side effects when starting the program?  Lately my vision seems to be blurred and I have been experiencing headaches which is uncommon for me.  Just thought I would ask to see if anyone else experienced anything similiar or if I need to make an eye doctor appointment!!!

Thanks,

 

Tom

Sometimes symptoms like this occur if this is a completely new way of eating for you - somewhat like detox symptoms or withdrawal symptoms. Be sure you are still consuming enough calories for your needs to avoid any dizziness or low blood sugar. Pay attention to blood sugar balance (see articles below). These should go away shortly. However, if they persist, then please see your personal healthcare provider. Be sure there are no foods you are sensitive or allergic to as well. http://www.nutriliving.com/blog/blasting-blood-sugar-control
I also noticed headaches, but lasted only about an hour. I increased my water, which may have helped. Did not take anything for it though. Have only been using for a week. How many a day are you drinking? maybe one a day is enough for awhile until the shock of nutritious food sets in :). I also went to the bathroom more, not sure if it was increased water or what as I am a big water drinker already. is that something others have noticed?
Thanks Krista. Another question for you. What is the recommended daily quantity of Nutri Blasts? I have replaced my breakfast meal each day with one but wondered if any more should be incorporated at any point during the day.
I started out with only one a day myself but wonder if more was recommended. I've asked the question. Definitely and increase in bathroom breaks for sure!
tvercillo65 wrote: Thanks Krista. Another question for you. What is the recommended daily quantity of Nutri Blasts? I have replaced my breakfast meal each day with one but wondered if any more should be incorporated at any point during the day.
That is totally up to you! Some folks do one, others enjoy two. You will see in our Six Week Transformation Plan, after the second week, we increase Blasts from replacing one meal a day to two... I would stick with one for now as your body adjusts to the increase in fiber, then as you notice things normalize, you can add in another one. To help prepare your body - take note of how many grams of fiber you get in a day and increase it by about 5g/day until you reach about 35-45g fiber a day. Be sure to continue to drink plenty of water to help keep things flushing through.
I purchased Maca root powder yesterday and am leery of starting in in my smoothies. Can anyone share experiences with this additive?
karepack wrote: I purchased Maca root powder yesterday and am leery of starting in in my smoothies. Can anyone share experiences with this additive?
What types of concerns do you have? Maybe I can help answer any Qs :)
helo commune, just got the bullet, had my hopefully last double big mac deal, other than the seeds stated in the book, I take it you just drop the whatever in the bullet and go? recipe book really doesn't say. thanks in advance
Wonnee3, welcome to the forum! Yes that's the way it works. Make sure you remove certain peelings (there is a reference on this site)because they do not digest well such as bananas, avocado, citrus fruits etc... Don't be afraid to play with different blends of foods making your own recipes. Healthy wishes wally Bishop C.N.C.
wonnee3 wrote: helo commune, just got the bullet, had my hopefully last double big mac deal, other than the seeds stated in the book, I take it you just drop the whatever in the bullet and go? recipe book really doesn't say. thanks in advance
Yup, put all the ingredients in your tall cup, twist on the blade and place the blade on the motor, push down and twist. Let it run for about 15-20 seconds.
[quote=SarahLefkowitzRD][quote=wonnee3]helo commune, just got the bullet, had my hopefully last double big mac deal, other than the seeds stated in the book, I take it you just drop the whatever in the bullet and go? recipe book really doesn't say. thanks in advance[/quote] Yup, put all the ingredients in your tall cup, twist on the blade and place the blade on the motor, push down and twist. Let it run for about 15-20 seconds.[/quote] Here is the prep chart that Wally was referr wrote: [quote=wonnee3]helo commune, just got the bullet, had my hopefully last double big mac deal, other than the seeds stated in the book, I take it you just drop the whatever in the bullet and go? recipe book really doesn't say. thanks in advance
Yup, put all the ingredients in your tall cup, twist on the blade and place the blade on the motor, push down and twist. Let it run for about 15-20 seconds.[/quote] Here is the prep chart that Wally was referring to: http://nutribulletblog.com/faq/peelingde-seeding/