Still lots of seeds and pieces in my nutriblast

1340 Views 13 replies
Maureen M.
Joined: 5/16/2013

Hi! I just started using my nutribullet 3 days ago and I am finding that I still have a lot of seeds and little pieces (look like pieces of fruit skins) in my nutriblast. Also, the blasts are never as thin and juicey as they look in the videos but are frothy and thick. Is this normal? I just want to make sure that mine is working properly and that the ingredients are really getting pulverized as advertised. Thanks!

~Maureen

 

mmcheffey wrote:

Hi! I just started using my nutribullet 3 days ago and I am finding that I still have a lot of seeds and little pieces (look like pieces of fruit skins) in my nutriblast. Also, the blasts are never as thin and juicey as they look in the videos but are frothy and thick. Is this normal? I just want to make sure that mine is working properly and that the ingredients are really getting pulverized as advertised. Thanks!

~Maureen

 

Hi Maureen. Make sure you are using adequate amounts of liquids. Fill to the max line with coconut water or water. May even need to fill higher if your blasts are very thick. Leave on the blender base for at least 30 seconds. That should help breakdown seeds and skins. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your quick reply! I will try this...if it still isn't working, should I exchange it? I'm just so eager to get the full benefit ;)
mmcheffey wrote: Thank you for your quick reply! I will try this...if it still isn't working, should I exchange it? I'm just so eager to get the full benefit ;)
The blade should pulverize the ingredients (although some of the tiny seeds like blackberries are a bit harder to completely liquify) so you may need to get a replacement blade if the result is not smooth. Regarding the thickness...here's what we have on our FAQ page: http://nutribulletblog.com/faq/ First, be sure to loosely load your ingredients to the MAX LINE and then add liquid to the MAX LINE to ensure you are getting the thinnest outcome. Never fill fruits, vegetables, OR liquids passed the MAX LINE. The types of ingredients used can also affect the thickness of your NutriBlast – flax & chia seeds will give your NutriBlast a bit of a gelatinous texture that will continue to thicken as it sits. Nuts, banana, avocado, and protein powders will also thicken the consistency of your Blast. But consider this: the thicker your NutriBlast is, the more filling it will be. So if you’re looking for your NutriBlast to satisfy your hunger for a few hours – the thicker the better!
dont fill liquid past the max line. Perhaps you could divide your blasts in half and do it twice to get the consistency you want
As a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch. I always fill the large cup up to the top with fruits and veggies. Then I add water to the max line. I pack the greens in tight also. The results are a real thick shake, but its really filling and makes it so I am not hungry at all. Could this be too much to do it in this way?
Hello Can you add whey protein powder to any of the drinks that i make.
shaverty wrote: As a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch. I always fill the large cup up to the top with fruits and veggies. Then I add water to the max line. I pack the greens in tight also. The results are a real thick shake, but its really filling and makes it so I am not hungry at all. Could this be too much to do it in this way?
As long as all the items are getting blended and there is not leaking, this sounds like a great meal replacement! Monitor how you feel and if this seems like too much for your body to digest, you can always cut back on the amounts you are adding. I always like to go heavy on the veggies and lighter on the fruits in my blasts.
tetabess wrote: Hello Can you add whey protein powder to any of the drinks that i make.
You can absolutely add whey protein! Some people have a hard time digesting whey so you may want to try a plant based protein that is easier on the GI tract if you are having any issues. Pea, rice, hemp or blends of these are all great plant protein sources
You can always add water AFTER blending! I used do this sometimes if I ended up with a thick 'Blast. Just add water and stir it up! Now I LOVE thick, meal replacement 'Blasts :)
so what everybody has watched on infomercial doesnt happen in reality.I have followed all instructions and advice from forums .Still just as thick as making it in blender.So if I add more water afterwards and have less taste and nutrients watered down is my drink still as effective
paultek6 wrote: so what everybody has watched on infomercial doesnt happen in reality.I have followed all instructions and advice from forums .Still just as thick as making it in blender.So if I add more water afterwards and have less taste and nutrients watered down is my drink still as effective
Since you are not losing any nutrients, then yes it is still effective! I'm sorry you are having trouble with your unit. Have you contacted customer service? If not, you my reach them at this link or by calling the number found on this link. http://www.nutribullet.com/site/contact
Thin and watery as in the TV infomercial. you will never achieve what they show on TV as far as the consistency goes and no one on here has the right answer .Adding water makes it thinner but not a juice as per se .Still gonna have a thickness to it . Ahhh the wonders of television and how they suck you in on commercials
It depends on what you put in it. Kale and celery seem to be hard to chop up. Spinach blends completely. Little blackberry seeds, etc.,- if you are worried about those, then get over it. No machine will chop up those completely.
Hi. My daughter has constipation problems, and after using the NutriBullet for 2 days, twice a day, she still hasn't gone. Could it possibly be too much fiber and bulk? She is using a tbsp. of flaxseed and chia seed in each one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
karenAZ wrote: Hi. My daughter has constipation problems, and after using the NutriBullet for 2 days, twice a day, she still hasn't gone. Could it possibly be too much fiber and bulk? She is using a tbsp. of flaxseed and chia seed in each one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
If she is not also drinking enough water in addition to her Blasts, this may be the cause. I would decrease to either flax or chia and make sure she is drinking a lot of water throughout the day, otherwise things won't move out!
kathiesea wrote: can you use plant protein powder in 900 series and can you use coconut or almond milk
You can use both plant protein and coconut or almond milk in the NB 900.