The best thing you can do is to clean up your diet. This may help decrease symptoms but is not going to cure the condition. Make sure you also get testing for allergies and eliminate any foods that can trigger your immune system.
- Animal fat, especially meat
- Acidic food and other substances that trigger off inflammation
- Milk and dairy products
- Sweets and other sugary foods
- Refined foods, like bakery items
- Fried, oily and greasy food
- May benefit from eliminating gluten
Include foods that:
- contain protein like whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- high in calcium, such as organic tofu, sesame seeds, cauliflower, nuts, nut milks and certain leafy greens.
- healthy fats like olive oil, canola oil, walnuts, flax seed and hemp seed
Omega-3 fatty acids, found in herring, mackerel, trout, sardines, tuna and salmon
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, as they are high in antioxidants
- Vitamin B rich foods, like nuts, carrots, chard, romaine lettuce and tomatoes