She11y, Welcome to the world of better health! From a weight loss perspective I would like to offer some help. Krista has gotten you started with some great advise. Following is general information that may be of help. You can always post a question as a follow up for us.
Excess weight is a by-product of an unhealthy diet and lifestyle. You are changing that by blasting. You also need to exercise and move more. Its about bringing your diet, you physical activity, emotions and your stress under control and into a health balance. Never eat less than 1200 calories per day. It will stall weight loss and energy.
Drink plenty of water and get enough protein.
I would certainly do more veggies than fruits. My rule of thumb is typically 3x's more veggies than fruits. I would use a variety of veggies and fruits, not the same ones over and over. The sugar in fruits can interfere with weigh loss. The best fruits are lower sugar fruits like berries, green apples, prunes, pears, peaches, bananas that have green tips.
This is additional info that may help you in your quest for blasting the weight off!
When we change the way we eat and live it takes our bodies a little while to get adjusted. Many times when people start NutriBlasting they add those calories to their daily plan instead of using it to replace another snack or meal. The added calories can add weight. The foods you are using may be stimulating hunger. Fruits and some grains can do this. However, chia seeds, flax seeds, rice bran, avocados and oats help curb hunger. When using avocados, coconut, nuts and seeds understand they are calorie dense and although very healthy if not monitored can cause weight gain. Many people over do fruits in their blast. Fruits are very healthy but too much sugar can create issues that will stall weight loss.
These are my guidelines for sustained weight loss. If you exercise and stay with calories guidleines you can lose the weight.
1) Exercise a minimum of 1 hour per day 5 days per week ( start slow and work up to that amount)
2) Eat 500 calories per day less than you currently need. (gives you a 1 pound a week weight loss). Get that info at this site http://www.viveforlife.com/nutrition-2/bmi/ (takes a few seconds to load)
3) Drink 1/2 your body's weight in ounces of water daily.
4) Never consume less than 1200 calories per day, ever!
5) Your diet should have a wide variety of colorful vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans and limited grains.
6) Keep a food journal so you know how many calories per day you are consuming. I like www.fatsecret.com and www.myfitnesspal.com/
7)) Use the NB at least 2x per day.
A few key points to remember that may help you.
1) Weight loss is all about calories eaten and calories burned over 24 hours.
2) Your activity (exercise) level effects the number of calories you burn everyday.
3) The foods you eat can effect your metabolism by speeding it up or slowing it down.
4) You must consume a minimum of 1200 calories per day to keep your metabolism from stalling.
5) 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories
6) Everyone should know how many calories they need per day for their desired weight. You can use the calorie counter on my website to figure how many calories you need per day at your current weight. http://www.viveforlife.com/nutrition-2/bmi/ (takes a few seconds to load)
7) If you eat 500 calories less per day than you burn you will loss 1 pound per week.
8) Water is very important for weight loss and our overall health.
Healthy Wishes, Wally Bishop C.N.C.