Hashimoto’s is more of an immune system disorder so while maintaining good thyroid health is important it is also important to do the following:
- Choose immune-boosting foods
- Avoid Gluten-containing foods
- Consider a food sensitivity and allergy test, then avoid those foods that show up as triggers
- Remove dairy-based proteins
- Reduce exposure to heavy metals and other environmental hormone disruptors such as BPA plastic.
- Support TH3 (T helper cells) by supplementing with Vitamin D3 (if you are deficient), Omega-3 fatty acids (specifically EPA and DHA), and glutathione (found in garlic and cordyceps mushrooms).
- Maintain blood sugar balance and choose foods higher in healthy fats and protein vs. carbohydrates
- Choose low goitrogen-containing foods (celery, beetroot, beetroot leaves, romaine lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, lemon, oranges and melon, to name a few) and cook the ones higher in goitrogens (cruciferous veggies)